ROCKEFELLER bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Just dug this one up the other day. It is square 2X2X6 1/4 inches tall and has WT.CO/A1/USA
on the bottom. Anyone seen these or know what it contained. Haven;t seen the Rockefeller name on any other bottles.
Cliff

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Here is a Photo

Sq48013.jpg

Attachments

• Sq48013.jpg
    Sq48013.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 81

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Thanks Woody
I agree it is possibly medicine. I read somewhere that Williiam A. Rockefeller used to peddle a "Magic Cancer Cure" for 25 dollars a bottle. That was equal to 2 months wages at the time. William often called Wild Bill was John D. Rockefeller's grandfather. Just curious if this might have been one of the bottles.

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
W.T.CO.................Whitall Tatum Company, Millville, New Jersey (1901-1938). See below.
W.T.& CO...........Whitall Tatum & Company, Millville, New Jersey (1857-1901). Cant say I seen that one before Cliffy... Nice find! Taz

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Thanks Taz,
I am guessing the bottle was made 1880 or later from lettering. William was a real skeleton in the closet for the Rockefeller's. He stayed one step ahead of the law, changed his name and credentials several times and I guess finally was buried in an unmarked grave in the midwest. Probably was one of his Cancer Cure bottles or some other medicine he peddled. Sure would be fun to see one with its paper lable still intact. Interesting bottle in any case.
Cliff

Bottleman

Reaction score
Wow, very interesting bottle. I have never seen that one before. I have a blob top beer bottle here that says O. P. Rockefeller but has no relation to your bottle. Just thought I would show it though.

~~ Tom

Ki19296.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19296.jpg
    Ki19296.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 69

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Bottleman.
I haven't seen that beer up this way, most we find are from MA in this area. Guess William Rockefeller was involved in about anything he could make a buck on. Travelled around to stay ahead of the law, lucky not to get tarred and feathered sometimes I guess. Never know, he peddled anything to make a buck.

Cliff

TamiSpock

Reaction score
Wow, very interesting bottle. I have never seen that one before. I have a blob top beer bottle here that says O. P. Rockefeller but has no relation to your bottle. Just thought I would show it though.

~~ Tom

Ki19296.jpg
I have a Sunbury bottle with the porcelain stopper, also!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.