Roundabout Garage Sale Freebees

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
I stopped into a garage sale a couple weeks back and to my suprize they had a few decent bottles. I walked out with a Kilmers, Warner's, A nice square amber Roesenthal whiskey and a Cuticura System for Curing Constitutional Humors all for $4. Can't beat a buck a piece. Well the owner asked if I knew about bottles and we started talking. The following week I dropped off my detector so he could play around in his own yard. Yesterday I stopped back in to grab it and asked him if he still had the Hall's Balsam for the Lungs. It had a chip out of it but the chip was still in the box and I just liked it and wanted it for my shelf. I pulled out that one, a duffy's malt whiskey and an older looking H.T.HELMBOLD / GENUINE FLUID EXTRACTS / PHILADELPHIA. He was really happy about me letting him borrow the detector and finding a horse shoe so he told me to take the bottles. I'm glad he did because a little while later I found myself at another yard sale and scored a huge blob top, quart, Moxie Nerve Food bottle for the last $3 that I had. I dug one of these and sold it and always regretted it. Now I have another one for my collection. I think I did pretty good for only $3 yesterday. Swiz

IMG_3876-1.jpg

Check out the pontil on this one. J/K, is this what they call a post mold?
IMG_3879-1.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
That looks like a post mold, but if the bottle has an applied lip, it is most likely a later form of hinge mold. The early ones were straight or key style, and the later molds went around the circular depression.

swizzle

Reaction score
Its hard to see but it does have a seam that runs through that circle. It goes from the left front corner to the back right corner. Its an applied top. Thanx guys. Swiz

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey