Ruby Red Ladies Leg

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

farwell

Reaction score
Hello I have this bottle I am still tring to get info on it is a deep, brilliant ruby red and is 12 1/2" tall and is a deep ruby red and has applied collar that is a 1/2" wide I could not find any seam so I would think it is a blown glass I added a picture of the bottom it is embossed and looks like a large U with an A in it and a H maybe someone out there know what this bottle is .I add a picture of the bottom I hope this pic is not to big they pulled my last listing I am not sure I sized it down right. [8|

Sp45450.jpg

Attachments

• Sp45450.jpg
    Sp45450.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 74

diggerjeff

Reaction score
the A over h indicates the bottle was manufactured by ANCHOR HOCKING glass co.
Anchor Hocking Glass Corp., Lancaster, OH, ca. 1955.
ruby red requires gold to be mixed with glass to create the ruby red color.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
HUA on the base is the mark of H.Underberg Albrecht...a German company that made Underberg Bitters...it was a lable only product .
I imagine the coloration is actually a red-amber....The Company was established in 1846...and according to Ring in For Bitters Only was still in business 125 years later, but the product was in smaller bottles since 1949.

I saw this post and the HUA was familiar, but I was thinking it was a Boonekamp type lady's leg bitters...like to have never found it in Ring...LOL.

Anchor Hocking did make the ruby red Schlitz bottles...

I needta get in bed...

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Charlie is correct !
Here's a pic of one in a ebay auction . http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=890&item=6186461004&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Brian

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward