Rumming's - Nanaimo B.C.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
Feel free to message me directly. I think I can give you a ballpark number for what you are looking at, but will need to see some pictures and know some specifics about the green Pick & Shovels, which Mitchell bottle, and which Adams and Lawrence (I do not have one of these, but have plenty of reference materials).
I tried sending messages to you directly but don't know if they worked. I am a senior and not the most technologically inclined.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
This is the link to the $600 one I saw previously but on checking closer, it says Buy it Now price was $600 and it does say it sold but no where does it say what if sold for. https://picclick.com/WE-RUMMING-NANAIMO-BC-Riley-screw-closure-221307702230.html
Wow that's bizarre to see that one listed as sold, it was up on Ebay for probably around a decade or so just continuously being relisted at that outrageous price. In reality it's worth about 5% of that, despite being an unusual and good-looking bottle they're very common. I wonder if someone finally convinced them to sell for a low price or what.

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
Wow that's bizarre to see that one listed as sold, it was up on Ebay for probably around a decade or so just continuously being relisted at that outrageous price. In reality it's worth about 5% of that, despite being an unusual and good-looking bottle they're very common. I wonder if someone finally convinced them to sell for a low price or what.
That is why I am so happy to have such helpful people here on the forum. I really want to build up my collection but my only option to do so it through buying them and without the help of people here, I probably would overpay. I am trying to focus on Canadian soda bottles with the odd patent medicine as they can be cool bottles. When I was younger I spent some time searching around old farm buildings and found a few sealers and some medicine bottles but never much here. Our city's really old landfills are all private property so off limits. Alberta also does not seem to have the brewing and soda history that other provinces like B.C. and Ontario do so that also limits what I can find. Any bottles I've seen that were from Alberta were very expensive so I am working on B.C. and Manitoba. I purchased a large collection of bottles in B.C. because there were a few old hutch bottles from the island that I really wanted and the guy wouldn't sell them separate. So now I got a pile of bottles I don't need and have listed many for sale on kijiji and Marketplace. I have always tried encouraging others to get into the hobbies I am in so I like to sell things cheap. Most of the bottles in the collection I purchased are cheaper bottles but I usually ask under $10 for them or sell them in groups for $20 to get others interested. The part I like best about collecting anything is doing research to find out about the items, whether they are Roman and Greek coins, old bottles, fossils, or whatever. Hope you all have a wonderful New Year and I will let you all know if I end up getting the bottles.

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
Several weeks back I was on Vancouver island in one of the shops and ran across this version I had been after for ages, well I initially left it behind because it had a chip in the lip :(
The next day I went back and grabbed it going against my instinct to not to buy!...lol, I guess I just could not stand being without this variation any longer.
It's a 7oz size dated 1947 and is the last style ACL before Island Bottling took over in 53-54...which they continued to use the iconic HBC Bastion image on their bottles.

View attachment 188609

Here are my other Rumming's bottles.
View attachment 188610
Regarding the bottle with the embossed Bastion, fourth from the left. Do you have any age on that one? I like to include approx. years on the labels for each bottle.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Regarding the bottle with the embossed Bastion, fourth from the left. Do you have any age on that one? I like to include approx. years on the labels for each bottle.
I really don't know for sure but because they are marked 'Rumming' and not Rumming's I believe that makes them pre 1944.
My best guess would be 1930's.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2