Rust stain

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
I found another Canyon City bottle but it has a rust stain. I got most of it out with CLR. How can I get the rest out? or can I?
This bottle has sold for between $40. and $90. on E bay. I wonder how much the stain would devalue it?
Glen

Lj23979.jpg

Attachments

• Lj23979.jpg
    Lj23979.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Lj23979.jpg
    Lj23979.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 139

flasherr

Reaction score
Ok here is a lil secret I learned and was hesitate to try. Bar Keepers Friend. I cleaned about 100 acl bottles with it and it wont hurt the paint. Some of the bottles I cleaned were buried and been close to fire and soot is hard to get off sometimes. you can get it at Walmart for 1.97. While I was in Tennessee I would go by one guys dollar table and pick up relay bad looking bottles then take it back to my place clean them and have $5-10 bottles. Try it on the bottle a little first make sure paint isn't soft. It was a miracle worker for me. I cleaned a double dot red white and blue bottle for a friend and made it look better and probably increased his selling price by almost $5. It is a Powder comes in a gold colored sprinkle can.
Brian

flasherr

Reaction score
Glad it worked for you. You can just send me that bottle for the out of this world info I gave you. Well, keep it as out little secret OK lol. Well, ours and everyone who reads it. I brought back some really good bottles with that stuff. Im glad it worked for you that is a great bottle. It has great cowboy graphics on it. The Drinko bottles I posted earlier looked bad when I got them. One even had some spray paint on it and got most of it off. O yea it was the bottle on the left that you cleaned.
Brian

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
You should win the citizen of the year A.B.N award For that trade secret.
Maybe you should go back and delete that post?[:D][:D][:D]
Unbelievable! wow x 2!
My Long Tom ACL soda had a ugly stain all over the front now it's mint![:)]
Glen

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn