RYANS GOLD MEDAL LIQUID BLUE Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TripleB

Reaction score
Totally new to this. . . Just started looking around for cool bottles and I stumbled across a bottle I can't find ANY INFO on. . . Maybe you pros can help??
51252578.jpg

Ryans
Gold Medal
Liquid Blue
Manufactured
Only By
Wm. H Ryan, Phidala

deepwoods

Reaction score
I think this is a very cool,unusual bottle about which I confess,I am at a complete loss. Could this be a 'blueing' bottle? I never saw one in that form before.'Blueing'was a product that was a dye used I believe,for the hair.What else could "liquid blue"be? Anyway its a fascinating bottle.Any Philadelphia collectors out there?

deepwoods

Reaction score
Woody I heard that too-and then somebody who was "sure" told me the thing about the hair..travelers tales,but now that you mention it I think youre right.Did you ever see a blueing bottle that looked like that?

woody

Reaction score
No, I can't say I've seen one like that bottle.
It is nice, though.
Most of the blueing bottles I get up here are "Sawyer's Crystal Blueing" bottles.

sauceman

Reaction score
Gunsmiths use blueing to blue the metal parts of guns, you can get liquid blue in plastic bottles though they are usually only small.

IRISH

Reaction score
Blueing is for making your white washing look whiter, Gunsmiths blueing is a different stuff that puts a light layer of blue oxide on the surface of the iron.

olddump

Reaction score
They are the laundry type of bluing I dug these from a dump that is 1870s to 90s. that is all I know they intrest me as my son is a Ryan and I sent him a set of them too that odd shaped one comes in a small size too. Here is a pic of three I have [I have the other small one too but can't place it at the moment] I don't get too good pics at night
sorry forgot to shrink it Good luck Tom, Olddump

Tr49504.jpg

Attachments

• Tr49504.jpg
    Tr49504.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 75

TripleB

Reaction score
Thank You all SOO Much! I have recently been taking walks in a patch of woods looking for whitetail deer antler sheds, but instead of antlers I have been leaving the woods with bottles. Mostly ol'soda bottles, but somehow I stumbled across this Ryan's 'Liquid Blue' bottle; with only about a 1/2 inch of glass showing through the leaves, took about 10 minutes to get it out of the ground. I really think I can get into this bottle collecting hobby!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster