Ry's 2007 privy dig posts w/ guest diggers!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlediger

Reaction score
well dug down to about 21 feet and the 4 ft probe still sunk the the handle...I was just hitting the trash layer and it was all 1940s and 1930s stuff...One 1900 slick med but thats it. I took nothing home from this dig and gave up on it. If i get reaaaaaal bored some day I might finish it but thats a deep hole for nothing haha. Oh well
PS You were right Chris as I figured you were

bottlediger

Reaction score
Well folks I am sorry to say it but it looks to be the end of the digging year for me, I have just been informed that I have some military training to complete starting 5 Aug and running to about 25 Jan 08 So 6 months of no digging. Man that is going to suck BAD. But whats worse is being away from my wonderful girl friend and my good old digging buddies. I just want to thank all of you on the forum for all the kind words and support throughout this year. I would also like to thank everyone who I have dug with this year and the new friends I made in the process. You guys mean a lot to me, we have had tons of fun digging this year and made lots of good memories. So I really don’t know what else to say other than take care and good luck to all with their search of rare glass and if you would keep this thread alive through out my time gone, that would mean a lot to me.

BTW I have met my goal, this year has been my best year of digging to date and its only July. it sure would have been an amazing year if I would be able to dig up to dec.

Of the top of my head best finds include
14 whole historical flasks some pontiled some smooth based
43 broken historical flasks (some extremely rare)
1 Pine tree coradial
1 sapphire blue Open pontil umbrella ink
A couple dozen pontil squats/porters
Tons of smoth base squats
Over a hundred Open pontil puffs
1 Topaz Wolfies Schanpps
2 civil war bullets
Tons of redware/stonewear/slipwear/jugs/bowls,etc
2 very nice poisons
Rare local Small & bro med
Cant really think about rest Im sure im missing a lot

Speical thanks to Digger George (most hard core digger alive and my best digger friend), Digger Matt, Chris, Zane, Doug, John, Paul, Neil, and everyone else I dug with this year

Digger Ry out

LC

Reaction score
Hate to see you have to go Ry, understand the military delemma though. And thank you for your willingness to protect and serve this great nation, I appreciate it greatly. I will miss your posts. Hopefully, the time will pass quickly for you, and you will be back at it digging those great bottles again.
Lets just hope that when you get to that military training, that they will not have you any assignments on digging any new privies to use !! Take care of youself, I will look forward to your return, Lou Atwell

bottlediger

Reaction score
Thank you guys very much apresated

IMG_5122.jpg

Here are some recap pics from this year, most have been already posted
take care all

Ry
IMG_5057.jpg

DSC07229.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

DSC07237.jpg

bottlediger

Reaction score
More pics because we all like to look at glass and dirty men haha I try to make good of every situation.

IMG_5115.jpg

IMG_5111.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5048.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members