SAD MAN dug up...What???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey All -
I dug this up on one of my recent digs. I've never dug one like this and I'm not sure what it was used for or what it is yet. I'm hoping that someone here knows. It's 4 inches long and has a wire going through it's bent neck (major clue). It seems to be unglazed porcelain and no signs of paint. A closer look shows a balding man frowning, with an unusual hat.

Any comments - thoughts or know what it was? Thanks in advance.

BE4AB4A75E3C4C378E0629DB8A8071CE.jpg

Attachments

• BE4AB4A75E3C4C378E0629DB8A8071CE.jpg
    BE4AB4A75E3C4C378E0629DB8A8071CE.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 88

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Meech, Been a while. It's a rocking head {kinda like a bobble head} out of a porcelain doll. They were usually clowns and the stem kept the head rocking from side to side.

I have dug a few different ones and the usually sell pretty good.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Warren -
Yeah, it's been a while (since I've posted). I've been busy digging bottles (lots of photos coming soon), writing about bottles (local newsletter - now in full color) and buying bottles. I was on vacation for a while too. I'm off for the summer, as far as the newsletter and should be around here a good bit.

We (locally) had guessed, as one of our guesses, a clown type doll, but still have not seen another. If you still have some, I'd love to see some photos.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Meech, Sorry, I didn't keep any of them. The wife didn't like them. She said they gave her the creeps.LoL

We dug 5 in all in a dump full of department store stuff from about 1900. We found those and alot of cap pistols, metal soldiers, metal ships and alot of porcelian dolls and parts. They were all big sellers.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen