Sad News

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
I just heard that John 'Digger' Odell has passed away. He did a lot for bottle collecting and wrote several great reference books. I met him at a bottle show a few years ago. A great guy. Here is a little info:
http://www.peachridgeglass.com/2011/10/sad-news-john-digger-odell/

ktbi

Reaction score
That is very sad to hear. He added a lot to our hobby and will be missed. I never had the opportunity to meet him - my loss. Thank you for passing the news....Ron

carobran

Reaction score
i never met him,but i do know you cant search anything about bottles and his name not come up...............he was like....................THE KING....

sandchip

Reaction score
That just sucks. He seemed way too young for that kinda mess. His family will be in my prayers.

ncbred

Reaction score
Cancer doesn't discriminate whether you are 2 or 102. Ordered a few sets of bottle brushes from John when I first got into the hobby. RIP Digger Odell.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Omg! He looked good at the last Baltimore show,he was crackin jokes and all.
Thats sad I really liked John. I will miss chatting with him through email. I am glad I got a few of his books. I lost my copy of "Privy Digging and little known secrets" I bought a new copy at his table and he gave me his new publication free. The guy was a cool dude. RIP John [:(]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately I never got to meet him at a show, or otherwise. That big C is a tough way to go, and I think there will be more and more of it in our world. Sad - because he covered a lot of subjects very well. RED Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty