Samuel B Morris Continental Currency Signer.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hey I am not bragging just trying to inform members or viewers who read this post what is out there that might be collectable.These notes were Ben Franklins idea to allow the people of the early colonial America a way to barter for goods from one to another.They are a good investment and contain autographs of very famous Americans and probably changed hands quite a few times.They dont take up a lot of space like bottles do and you can drop them and they wont break.Fire is their only real enemy.Why does it take bawls to respond to one of my posts?Am I hurting the glass hobby by giving good sound historical information not pertaining to the glass industry.You know sometimes these posts take a couple to three hours time to compile edit ect.Thanks Joe

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I knew that would get your attention, Steve! I LOVE YOU and was totally kidding, of course!! I spent 30 good minutes reviewing this post today, truly fascinating... wish I had me a real continental banknote..

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Its Ok Chuck, I am a little sensitive right now as I had a scare with my 16 year old son as he had a sever bout of pain in his chest while in Boston last week during a very physical Ice Hockey game.We had to get him an EKG, an Echo-cardiogram and an xray of his chest all to have the tests take forever and leave you hanging worrying and wondering what next.What had my wife and I worried the most is the EMT who responded to his teams locker room to treat him told me everything seemed ok but his pulse rate which the EMT reffered to as erratic.We took him to our pediatrican on Monday this past week and he to noted what he thought was an abnormal pulse and scheduled all of the tests for us.His chest Xray was negative and that was a relief,The lab tech that administered the EKG did tell him his resting heart rate was 42 beats per minute and that he was the first person who ever had a sub 45 she had ever personaly tested in twenty five years of work.Most healthy people have a resting heart rate of 60 to 80 beats per minute.This at first scared the hell out of me but after researching low heart rates I found out atheletes who train extremely hard have low heart rates and the condition is known as brady-cardia.A world champion bycyclist from Brazil has a resting heart rate of 28 beats per minute.My son is one of the fittest people I know as he can run a 10 second flat 100 yard dash,a 4 minute 30 second mile he is 5 ft 10 weighs 185 lbs and can dead lift 270 pounds,bench press one time 300 lbs.and leg press one time an amazing 585 lbs. He can from a standing postion jump 10 feet horizontily and can stand under a basketball backboard and jump up and touch the top of the white square in the backboard which is nearly 12 feet off the ground.He will be attending the University of Maine on a full scholarship for Ice Hockey so all of this this past week has been a lot to deal with.His and our whole lives have revolved around his Ice Hockey and we were mentaly drained.There is good news for us as he has practiced three times this week and played a game today.It seems now the injury was more muscle related as all of the tests he had taken came back negative.He did have a touch of pain again in his chest today when he absolutley crushed a player from the other team with a good clean check.He is playing right now as I write this and I actually have to go and pick him up at 12:15 .

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi Steve and Judy, Well that review told us that you had a scare going on. We have been to Pittsburg PA twice in the last 8 days. A friend of mine that I have known and associated with for nearly 45 years has a Her-pees encephalitis infection from a mosquito bite, a tick bite, or a cold sore. They don't know what. But we can't even hope he will make it, because I don't think he could make it through all the therapy he would have to face. They said it could take four or five years before he got completely well. We went to Google and checked what they had to say about it - and it isn't good. All we can do is pray for him and his wife. She has been with him for over 15 days at this point, without even going home for an overnight - which we tried to get her to do day before yesterday and her daughter would have taken her back the next day. No way - was her feelings on that.
These sicknesses today can scare the hair off you back, or head - like mine. Best for Steve Jr. - it is good to know all the test were negative. Best regards to you all.
Clarence and Agnes.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Thanks Red, it is tough to focus when your mind is elsewhere and hurting.Get your friend on Vitamin therapy it really does help you when your body is down and out,I swear by it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese