Scarce WEST TENN. Soda at National Show Memphis!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Thanks digger, great info as usual!! I dug one (WTHG) in Ripley and Brownsville pits also, but both were broke. One of the forum members says he believes that it was a Paris Tn bottle also. The company must have had a wide distribution. I have the plain one too, concerning the Union Botl. Co. art deco types ,notice also some have a narrow waistline and some a straight one, now if I could fine one with love handles![;)]

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Hi beith, I showed it to a Greenwood dealer, and he was sort of ho-hum about it! He must have a barn full!

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
Yes they use to say it was a Paris bottle only but then the Dyersburg dig told the tell. There was also a man who wrote a extensive history on west tn sodas and bottles and he had a lot of info on the company that actually put it out. It was originally a grocery store bottle and later went into more or less wider scale use. I talked to him twice on the phone and he had a lot of info I didn't have he died before his work went into print and I never found out where it went I heard it was donated to a library somewhere in Tenn but I never found out where he lived around Trenton I do know that. dm

beith_2005

Reaction score
Well he may not be impressed by it or as you said has a barn full but if you decide to get rid of it I would sure like to have it. Its getting hard to find mississippi hutches I don't have. So when I see one I try to jump at the chance to get it.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
I got to the show late both days, Sunday due to the unfortunate crash on I-40. I had hoped to see and talk to the forum members there! I did not see another on his table , perhaps he was being coy. He had a cobalt blue hutch from Nashville, mine is much lighter blue,I would have liked to purchase for cash, but his label was twice as high as the going price on the 'bay for one listed lately, and I don't insult the dealers by offering half price of marked item! I will look out for one of the Wright's for you. have a great week.

beith_2005

Reaction score
I was there sat. got there around one and stayed about 2hrs. I know what you mean sometimes you find stuff way underpriced that you can believe your luck and then the next minute you find something so over priced that you would think it must be made of gold for what they are asking. Any help finding hutches I don't have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1