Scratching around at a new site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

akronmarbles

Reaction score
I went to an old farm today that was recently torn down to build a new subdivision. I tentatively have permission to dig the privy there but have to meet up with the developer. Yesterday I decided to scratch around the old bank barn foundation and ran across this great bottle from Lockport NY. Too bad it’s a groaner. I am going back today to see if anything else good turns up.

657F1EDAEBDF4C8DB1433F639D97D379.jpg

Attachments

• 657F1EDAEBDF4C8DB1433F639D97D379.jpg
    657F1EDAEBDF4C8DB1433F639D97D379.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 84

richf

Reaction score
Hey Akron!
You're definitely in a good bottle era and I can only imagine what else is on the site, whole, hopefully!
Rich

akronmarbles

Reaction score
This is down in Canal Fulton - The farm dates to about 1870. I have a building in town also that was built in 1814. I haven't dug my privy yet but know where it is located.

akronmarbles

Reaction score
Privy update....

Well I started to dig the privy tonight. It's a wood liner. It's chock full of bones, seeds, and a few shards of stoneware. No bottles yet. I was beginning to think it may have been dug already when I hit a ash layer at about 5', so I'm pretty sure it's undisturbed. I'm back in the AM and hope to find some killer stuff down there. I also found out today that the house was built in the 1840's, not th 70's. I hope to find some pontils!

swizzle

Reaction score
RE: Privy update....

Don't forget to sacrifice a Rawleigh's or two to appease the Bottle Gods. May the Bottle God's beam down on your crapper and help you to unlock 160+ years of grand history. Looks like you got yourself quite a promising site. Good Luck and Please post some recovery/ rescue photo's right from the privy. Swizzle

akronmarbles

Reaction score
RE: Privy update....

Well I am off - I will be taking the digital camera along for some in situ photos. Because I don't want to die clutching some old bottles, I have decided to bring another old digger in to the action; my buddy Tom Haas. He used to dig with the legendary Don Dzuro, so maybe some of the old digger mojo will be with us. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC