see anything wrong with this??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle codger

Reaction score
I
Hi. I am new at this. I really can't figure out what is wrong. It really seems that all is not right!

sweetrelease

Reaction score
ya woody right on.it also says the whole 1906 act thing on the label but the bottle says "cure" [8|] it is a good "relabel" i almosted bid on it.,matt

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Just a thought: it is possible Kilmer reprinted labels with REMEDY , etc., and applied them to remaining "cure" bottles he had in stock.[/align]That paper looks too brittle/dry to have been applied recently...JMHO.[/align]

tigue710

Reaction score
Gotta agree, I would put money on those labels being put on cure bottles originally. One, manufactures often bought, washed and reused even medicine bottles, and two, the public outrage and food and drug act was quick, it spread on the industry in a flash, so many proprietors would have had a large supply of bottles embossed cure that they had to use still...

madman

Reaction score
hey lobey, 2 bucks lol let me no where yer getting them for that price mike

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Just a thought: it is possible Kilmer reprinted labels with REMEDY , etc., and applied them to remaining "cure" bottles he had in stock.

I think you are correct there. Doesnt surprise me that much. Too bad the label isnt better, would be an interesting piece.
often you see the new label put right over the embossing to obscure it, like that Robinson's label over an Ayer's bottle i posted a while back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers