Ships Decanter ??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggerjeff

Reaction score
i have four simular bottles, but none so fancy as yours. usually on this type of bottle you see more of the floral engravings such as on the sides of yours. it is a "stiegel type" bottle,but was made in europe .i believe it was made in 1849 as indicated . look at the wear on the bottom this is only seen on very old glass. also the applied neck, the circular seam at the base of the neck and top of shoulder. kastoo is correct it is a nice pontil on the bottom. often these bottles were adorned with gold or silver paint as well as the engraving, which is all hand cut with a stone wheel. i would imagine that the glass is real thin, be carefull with it !! it is a fantastic bottle and i would not even try to guess at a value . i stated earlier that i doubted it belonged to king oscar, i will recant that statment, for it likely could have. if that would be the case it could be worth a LOT!! if i saw it in a shop, i would have no problem forking out several hundred or more. if you could prove it belonged to oscar, who knows what someone might value it at. you need to find an expert in these types of bottles. they have rarley if ever ,been discussed on this forum. we have a lot of sharp people here lets see what comes up. sorry i cant tell you more .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4