Show Off Your Christmas Bottles You Got From Santa!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

annie44

Reaction score
Michael,

Impressive collection and a beautiful new cabinet. Congratulations!

Cindy (aka Annie44)

cyberdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: beendiggin

Here's the label. The bottle has no embossing. It states that it cures "painter's colic" Never heard of that one. Maybe Charlie knows....

DD99BBC7D9434371B87E1C2A6C72DA13.jpg

[;)] comes from scraping paint off old houses with your mouth agape.. aka lead poisoning.. it's also called "saturnism" -my favorite term for it..

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Antiquenut...
We gave an autographed Crystal Head Vodka in box, with 2 matching shot glasses and pour spout for a friends 50th just the other day (22nd) He is a vodka drinker and it was the perfect present for a 50th.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: beendiggin

I got a Poison, too. Here it is. I assume it's English. Any thoughts? It's deep violet color.

7F3FA0F7854541F48EC1639CCEA68719.jpg

Yes it's English...Is there any embossing on the other side of the ribs and NTBT?
at the moment, I'm having no luck IDing it... May have to call in the reserves.. [;)]

I'm glad you like what my wife got...she loves them too. She has eyed them for quite some time before I could actually buy them. Surprisingly enough, we scored a clear KT-2 of the same size just last month...so now we have a pair. Just need a turquoise issue the same size and we have a complete size/color set. There are several more sizes and the just get more expensive the taller they get.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Beendiggin....
For a sec. I thought this was the same bottle, but it aint...but it's very close...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1910-LABELED-CURE-LeGears-HEALING-OIL-for-MAN-or-BEAST_W0QQitemZ170423736930QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27ae0bda62

beendiggin

Reaction score
Yes it's English...Is there any embossing on the other side of the ribs and NTBT?
at the moment, I'm having no luck IDing it... May have to call in the reserves.. [;)]

/quote]

Thanks Stephen....The sides are ribbed also, but the back is plain, presumably for a label. The only embossing is on the base other than the ntbt on front.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Two great gifts, first Mike's Civil War bottle book and second from my M-I-L this huge slug plate whisky from Baltimore. I love big quart strapsides. This E.W. Moffett is listed as a common bottle but some commons are nice to have, especially if they are local and ya like them. Even common I'm still surprized I won this for $12 bucks. I think the picture scared some off because it looked nuked in the picture, but it's not.

F1CC5BBF30274071A3E93F3DC9FF2AC7.jpg

Attachments

• F1CC5BBF30274071A3E93F3DC9FF2AC7.jpg
    F1CC5BBF30274071A3E93F3DC9FF2AC7.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 66

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Cool stuff, everyone. I failed to mention, my wife got me a packet of old Poison Labels which would have been placed on many of the bottles we have. You see them come on ebay in the poison area every so often.

Beendiggin...

Yup, gunna have to ask the big dog this one. As the Kuhn's books are very intuitive and have a majority of the known bottles, they are nowhere complete. Talkin' with one of the club members, he believes they still make bottles like the old days still in England, they are so plentiful. Anyway, there is no guarantee there is an ID number associated with your bottle, but I will ask.

beendiggin

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, Stephen. Are there books available on English poisons? Have you ever seen that base before?

Poison_Us

Reaction score
There is a book by renowned collector Brian Thatcher, largest English bottle collector known, in the works. He hasn't come to a good stopping point yet to send it to be published I guess. It will be done when it's done. But I'm very curious when it will be cuz I would love a copy myself. Until then, another avenue which I have not gone down yet is the book by the BBR called DEADLY PLEASURES British Poison Containers & Bottle. I cant find it on their site, but I did contact them and it is still available. one of our members thinks it was a rushed book and thrown together, but it may be a good starting point for English poisons. You can visit their site at www.onlinebbr.com or email them directly at sales@onlinebbr.com The book is about $60.

Now, back to the bottle at hand. Bob, another club member who specializes in both English and American poisons, said it's a common English poison, but it may not have a common base. He has never seen that base before, but he admits he doesn't look at the bases much either. I cant find any history of that makers mark in the short look that I did. Perhaps someone has better resources than myself.

There are many english poisons that have not made it in the Kuhns books or continued to be listed by the APBCA, but dont let that discourage you. To me, any bottle that survived the last 100+ years in tact is a good bottle. So enjoy it.[:D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75