Show Us Your Bitters Bottles...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
The Highlands are local . They are getting hard to find !
But , I have to admit they are my Brothers ...... he does the Barrel thing and I like the Cabins .
No conflicts that way .

jays emporium

Reaction score
Here is my collection of figural bitters. Holtzerman, Old Sachem, Tippecaone, National, Fish, Roback, Drakes.
I didn't dig any of these but some I have had for a long time. The one I've had the longest is the Fish. When I was in college I was making more money buying and selling bottles than I could by working for $2. per hour. On my trips home and back to school I always went different ways and stopped at antique shops and yard sales looking for bottles. One time in about 1976, I stopped at one shop and asked about bottles and they told me there was an estate sale going on that had some good bottles but too expensive for them.
I found that sale as quick as I could and sure enough they had old bottles, mostly common but there were two Fish Bitters marked at $100. each. They told me they found them under the house and I could tell that was true because they were stained on one side only from lying in the same spot for 100 years. Since it was the last day of the sale and I was a poor college boy I managed to get both for $50. I soon sold one of them for $125. and kept the other for 33 years.
Jay

B9806654F16143F5B5DAB30882BD4832.jpg

Attachments

• B9806654F16143F5B5DAB30882BD4832.jpg
    B9806654F16143F5B5DAB30882BD4832.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 53

daeldred

Reaction score
Hey Brian,

Yeah, those Mansfield Highland Barrel Bitters are great bottles! Did y'all dig those or did you buy 'em? If you dug them did you dig them in east TN? We look hard every weekend for those here in Memphis where the Mansfield Drug Co. was. You say you collect cabin bitters? Have you seen or heard of the Wiggs Bros. Cabin Bitters from Memphis. I have only heard of one embossed one and another slick one found. I guess it looks like a Drakes bitters except a more ornate! That is our white whale! If by a long shot anyone has a picture of one we would really love to have a copy of it.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: daeldred

Here is a close-up of the shoulder.

52216F2AED684F10A4FA7D57EA0CBA5B.jpg

Great bottles everyone![:D][:D]

As far as the Wahoo Bitters,...I'm thinking Holy "back to the future!"...By that, I mean,...(and I said this once before.) Did the giant 'Yahoo' computer firm borrow their 'logo' from this bottle? Just look at it,...does anyone else see this besides me?[;)]
Joe

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: Staunton Dan

ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Teal Langleys...[:D] Lip chipped[:eek:]

Great color. Too bad about the chip but still a nice bottle.

Thank you Dan,....I should take a different pic,...It is a beautiful color, but the background is so 'busy' that it kind of loses it's impact.There are some really great bitters showing up on here!....Keep them coming. (Anyone have any Buffalo NY bitters?..They came in some awesome colors and I think some were made at the Lockport Ny glassworks.(Root maybe?) Thanks,.Joe

Chuck1188

Reaction score
Hi all,
My latest and greatest find was here locally in east texas at an antique shop. It is pretty rare to find good bitters bottles here in texas from what I have found. I also think I was spoiled because I am 21 years old and have only been collecting bottles for about a year. The bottle that I found was a Dr. C.W. Robacks stomach bitters. It is like a normal robacks except the fact that it has an iron pontil. I have yet to find a single pontiled Robacks on the internet. If yall would like me to post pics I will do so asap. I would also like to know what yall think its worth and yalls opinions on the bottle.
P.S. The price tag had $28 on it and I talked the lady down to $10 for it. A pretty nice deal I think.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Great find Chuck. The Roback's is not uncommon with an iron pontil but is more desirable than its smooth based counterpart. Value would be in the $375-$425 if mint.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: daeldred

Hey Brian,

Yeah, those Mansfield Highland Barrel Bitters are great bottles! Did y'all dig those or did you buy 'em? If you dug them did you dig them in east TN? We look hard every weekend for those here in Memphis where the Mansfield Drug Co. was. You say you collect cabin bitters? Have you seen or heard of the Wiggs Bros. Cabin Bitters from Memphis. I have only heard of one embossed one and another slick one found. I guess it looks like a Drakes bitters except a more ornate! That is our white whale! If by a long shot anyone has a picture of one we would really love to have a copy of it.

No ..... they weren't dug ...... by us anyway .
Never heard of the Wiggs Bros. . I would definetly like to see a pic or drawing of it. I don't have many TN. Bitters ......... they are hard to come by. I do have the large and small size Aromatic Orange Bitters semi-cabins from Nashville . And a Bettersons Bitters square from Knoxville .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1