SHOW YOUR MOST VALUABLE SODA BOTTLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Uncle_Jarvis

OMG watch out !! that house in the background is about to fall over . . [:eek:]

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

They could have drank soda out of it.

PUCE

7A019CBD62A24BC2A359DB714709CBA6.jpg

I wish it would it would then I wouldn't have to pay the bills.

antlerman23

Reaction score
my most valuble soda bottle cant hold a match to any of the others posted, but it is my best, and i love showing it off!
a Rochester Bottling Works hutch from my hometown of Rochester Minnesota. i paid almost $30 for it, but another one sold on ebay for over $40 so i think i did ok

9CEFF11020E84A5BAC5CF9E87E1D23D4.jpg

Attachments

• 9CEFF11020E84A5BAC5CF9E87E1D23D4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 105

jarhead67

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: antlerman23

my most valuble soda bottle cant hold a match to any of the others posted, but it is my best, and i love showing it off!
a Rochester Bottling Works hutch from my hometown of Rochester Minnesota. i paid almost $30 for it, but another one sold on ebay for over $40 so i think i did ok

Rochester. Nice town. You dig much around there? That's a great looking hutch, I'd pay $30-40 for it. Being from your hometown, makes it easy. They used every bit of that slug plate too.

MisterSilverSearcher

Reaction score
Well, right now I don't really have an rare/expensive bottle. But I know a guy over in Clarksburg that has a Charleston, WV Celery=Cola hutch and if it's real I'll most likely buy it. Then that will be my prized to date.

antlerman23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jarhead67
Rochester. Nice town. You dig much around there? That's a great looking hutch, I'd pay $30-40 for it. Being from your hometown, makes it easy. They used every bit of that slug plate too.
Thank you! [:)] i have actually never dug for bottles! it is on my summer 2013 bucket list though! and are you saying you are from rochester? just wondering, because there are very few diggers around here.

jarhead67

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: jarhead67
Thank you! [:)] i have actually never dug for bottles! it is on my summer 2013 bucket list though!  and are you saying you are from rochester? just wondering, because there are very few diggers around here.

Hey antlerman. Sorry for the confusing post. I'm from Robbinsdale, north side of the cities. I never dug in Minnesota except as a kid digging worms and found a pile of cobalt bromos and milk glass jar lids. Probably an old 20's/30's dump. I'm in Missouri now. Just now getting back into things. Mostly buying right now to cure myself of the empty spaces around the house. Hoping to dig around here this summer. I have an old farm dump on my property, but so far only Prohibition era stuff.

I dug a Schusters Malt Extract from Rochester out of the old Ogden dump north of Salt Lake City when I lived out there. Crown top bottle. Probably nothing special, but I was amazed at finding it all the way out in Utah where finding ANYTHING with alcohol in it was a chore.

I grab what ever Minnesota bottles I can when I like them. I'm concentrating on the Iron Range right now (Biwabik, Hibbing, Virginia, etc.). Duluth too. I see Minnesota Digger and you (sorry, I'm slow at catching on to names) are about the only northlanders on here. Short digging season up that way. You going to that show this month? Was hoping to drive up for it, but I'm wanting to hit St. Louis and will more than likely be trying to mow grass in the snow for money after that trip.

antlerman23

Reaction score
i will be at the show! the shusters malt extract is a common bottle, but i dont have one yet. they come with a blob top as well.
if you plan on coming to the show, pm me so i know who to look for!
just wondering, did you buy that hibbing hutch off ebay recently? it was NICE!
sorry if us northlanders are hijacking your thread, Bob. [&:]

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

sorry if us northlanders are hijacking your thread, Bob. [&:] 

No problemo. In fact, I actually enjoy side chats. [sm=thumbup1.gif]

Speaking of which, I have been watching this eBay bottle for a week and it just closed about an hour ago. I would dearly liked to have won it but I bowed out when it reached $200.00. In fact, no one won it because the seller's reserve was not met even with someone's last minute bid of $261.85. I suspect the reserve was set at $300.00. My primary interest these days is with Cowboy / Indian / Western acls and the "Treasure State" bottle from Billings, Montana would have made a nice addition to my collection not to mention that had I won it at $200.00 it would now tie for my most valuable bottle. Oh well, I'm sure I will get a another chance at the bottle just as soon as the seller relist it. Hopefully next time he will lower the reserve.

eBay Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-TREASURE-STATE-ACL-PAINTED-LABEL-SODA-BOTTLE-BILLINGS-MONTANA-COWBOY-/140923134859?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=hjrFuRMUysj%252BtbM03aM7maBq%252FUk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

SPB

Currently on my "Want List" ~ I just love them Western acls with the Cowboy & Indian graphics.
75C961083CBE42D78A2B1A6A1E800751.jpg

Attachments

• 75C961083CBE42D78A2B1A6A1E800751.jpg
    75C961083CBE42D78A2B1A6A1E800751.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 92

digdug

Reaction score
I did not realize that the Treasure State bottle was worth so much. I bought this one with a 'Best Offer', under $20. http://www.ebay.com/itm/390545440481?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The label has a few issues. I was able to get the rust stains off using Bar Keepers Friend.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
digdug ~

I suspect the majority of the bids on the Treasure State bottle were from local collectors who either live in Billings, Montana or near there. Plus the condition helped bump it up a notch or two. I think its like a lot of the bottles shared on this thread in that certain bottles, like my Country Boy, are worth more in the city of their origin than they are elsewhere. Even though I said I bowed out at $200.00, my true comfort zone on the Treasure State bottle was about $75.00 to $100.00. The individuals who bid on it probably got caught up in a frenzy which often happens with bottles that you just gotta have. I'm sure most of us have done that a time or two. Rick Sweeney's 2002 acl book list the Treasure State bottle as "Very Rare."

Bob

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2