Shrewsbury Tomato Ketchup

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I thought so too Warren, love the crude screw threads and the cap.

jysk

Reaction score
Yes, that is an excellent bottle LC, as is your Heinz bottle example. I'd be very proud of both of them.

Mike

LC

Reaction score
Had to go through several boxes out in the building to find them. I had not looked at them in years. I have two of the Sniders. I also have another Heinz bottle, sort of barrel shaped at the middle. I believe it was patent dated either 1888 or1898 on the bottom of it. I never found it though at the time I found the others, must be in another box somewhere. I will post a pic of it if I can come across it. Thinking of having a major week long yard sale soon, now that I have got through the Springfield Antique Show this past weekend. Will be trying to go through everything to see just what all is out there.

privvydigger

Reaction score
I dug that exact ketchup from shrewsbury & hazard today. it is a good one in my books cause i dug sixty last week without so much as a scratch let alone embossing. I would rather see writing on the sides but something is better than nothing.
thx
privvydigger

LC

Reaction score
Well, I am glad I had two of the SnIder's, when I put the cap back onto the bottle, I guess I tightened it down a little too much. The cap was quite brittle, and broke up into three or four pieces. Needless to say, I was not all that happy about it. Took it back out to the building, went to set it back on the shelf, it kind of bumped another bottle on the shelf as I let go of it fell off the shelf onto the floor and broke all to pieces. I have seemed to have had a lot of these kinds of days lately. What really rubbed me raw, is the fact that the label on the other one is about three times worse than the one I broke. And yes,, yes,,, Folks,,,,, I do understand that it is just a junky ketchup bottle and not a COBALT PANELED SODA or a TREE OF LIFE out of a privy, but none the less, it really ticks me off when I break any kind of bottle ![/align]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2