Silly me

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
..I'm glad I was a kid before the country became so sissy and paranoid..

Amen to that Charlie! A good trick I learned for finding the coins is to line them up w/ an odd shaped or distinct looking R.R. tie,...It narrows the search quite abit...[;)]

I climbed a local train bridge one time,...clinging to the overhead iron thinking it would be cool to have the 'birdseye' view above the train as it passed below....I didn't realize how hot and powerful the exhaust would be! Thankfully there were only four locomotives...The rest of the experience was an enjoyable adrenaline rush.

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
A Sinister Midget With A Bucket and a Mop Where the Blood Goes Down the Drain. Frank Zappa.

Buckets have long had sinister connotations and fears remain as intense today as when buckets were used as repositories as foul as Pandora's casket. Take the opening lines from a childhood nursery rhyme:

Jack and Jill went up the hill

To fetch a pail of water.

Jack fell down and broke his crown...And Jill came tumbling after.

Childhood merrymaking? I think not.

Most sources attribute the origins of the rhyme to King Louis XVI (Jack) who was beheaded (lost his crown). His Queen, Marie Antoinette, is Jill, who was beheaded after him. These beheadings happened during the Reign of Terror in France in 1793. And of course there remains the bucket its gaping maw bloodied by the awful contents contained therein.

Bucket of Blood. Bucket List. Kick the Bucket. Buckets are a Girl's Best Friend. The list goes on.

Archetypal (Frazier's monomythic) implications of the bucket are longstanding and synonymous with evil. The bucket can be assumed to serve symbolically as the female orifice by which men's souls are devoured. But that's another topic for another time.

In sum, fear the bucket. Fear it with every fiber of your awareness. Should you see anyone toting a bucket, expect the worst and notify authorities immediately.

suzanne

Reaction score
It was a black bucket. 5 gallon. Maybe that's why, I don't know. You could indeed get up to all sorts of deviltry with a bucket if you had a mind too.

suzanne

Reaction score
Charlie, if you were a kid now, you would be diagnosed with ADHD. Good thing they didn't have ritalin then.

kwalker

Reaction score
These stories make me wish that I could still do that around here [&:] I'd love to see a train roll by from underneath. Must be quite the sight

indian-commuter-train.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Wow, crazy pic.. breath mint, anyone?

Suze, my lil bro was "hyperactive" as they called ADHD in the 70's.. at one point he was on ritalin, phenobarb, and dilantin simultaneously. Today, he's rock steady, has a doctorate in physics.. me? I'm still trying to figure out which fingernail I bit last..

kwalker

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Wow, crazy pic.. breath mint, anyone?

Suze, my lil bro was "hyperactive" as they called ADHD in the 70's.. at one point he was on ritalin, phenobarb, and dilantin simultaneously. Today, he's rock steady, has a doctorate in physics.. me? I'm still trying to figure out which fingernail I bit last..

Had to laugh at that one [:)] I have a friend who has ADHD. He's on Aderol; IMO some of the worst stuff you can give someone...Hours of no sleeping followed by hunger fits. Tears him apart inside and out...

BTW, go to India; you'll see trains like that everyday!

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
I know how you feel. In Windsor Vermont, there is hundreds of telephone poles with insulators on them along the train tracks. No way to get them down.[&o]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75