Silver Wedding

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jcrlanger

Reaction score
I'll post a picture later.

Here's a bit of background on the site I'm at. In the 1920's The Charlotte Hotel was built in Charlotte, NC. This hotel was a staple for the city and eventually was placed on the National Registry. Even with that, the city got permission to implode the holet and build a skyscraper. A restraunt with the name "The Hotel Charlotte" used many of the fixtures of the old hotel, but alas the restraunt went out of business this year.

Now we are here today and I have become friends with the grandson of a gentleman who use to live on a farm in Charlotte. During the depression years of the 1930's, this farm was paid to remove the trash from The Hotel Charlotte and dump it on their land. This took place for several years after prohibition was lifted. The dump is still there today and I'm finding new yet nice historical bottles from this Charlotte legacy site.

That brings me to one of my newest finds. This is a flask with "Silver Wedding" on one side shoulder and "Vaporized" on the oposite side. I know it's not liquor because it doesn't have the post prohibition lingo on it. Does anyone have any idea as to what this is? My best guess is it is a wine.

Any help is appreciated
v/r
John

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey John,

I believe it may be a Schenley Brand.

"The Schenley Distillers Corporation is created and it was composed of the following companies and brands: Companies: Schenley Products Co., Inc., Schenley Wine & Spirit Import Corporation, Jos. S. Finch Co., Geo. T Stagg Co., Jas. E Pepper & Co., John T Barbee Co., A B Blanton Small Tub Distilling Co., Cove Spring Distilling Co., Greenbrier Distilling Co., Melvale Distilling Co. Sam Thompson Gibson Distilleries Co., Old Quaker Co., Napa Valley Wine and Brandy Co., Eastern Distillers Syndicate, and Monticello Distillery Co. (U D Archives, Unpublished Manuscript, p.21). Brands: Golden Wedding, Old Stagg, Schenley, Monticello, Greenbrier, Gibson, Jas. E Pepper, Sam Thompson, and Silver Wedding U D Archives, Upublished Manuscript, p.30)." From.

Does it look like this recently expired auction item?

Your dump sounds cool. Are you finding Charlotte Hotel crockery?

breathless-seberg5.png

LtlBtl

Reaction score
Silver Wedding is definitely a Schenley product. It is the their Gin entry to the Golden Wedding line of Whiskeys.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vladlitski