small like a shot glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bontalik

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Hope Christmas was very enjoyable...
I have had these small glass things..like shot glasses any ideas?
I found four, in the same hole, all different but similar if you know what i mean.
three are packed away but the one i have with me has the writing rd no 590879 on it
I dont think they are old ..im just interested... Thanks Mark

Lj22905.jpg

diggerjeff

Reaction score
could be the tops to old percolator type coffee makers. if that is a patent number it would have been patented in 1897. how old were the holes you dug them from?

akpi

Reaction score
Hey there. I have seen some very similar small creamer pitchers. But.....maybe it is a top to an old perculator. Happy New Year!

Kevin

IRISH

Reaction score
They are one of the many variations of Pecks paste, some may have been from other companys though. They mostly date from around the 1930's, you tend to find a lot of them in the tips that have them, some turn purple in the sunlight.
I think the paste was meat paste but could have been any one of a number of revolting things they ate back then [;)] .

bontalik

Reaction score
The holes or trenches were about one meter deep in sandy soil at Hawthorn melbourne vic. All bottles that i have found are from Excavations.....I one found a badly damaged tea like set two meters deep in St kilda. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY [:D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583