Small shear top bottle Strowger Co. Rochester NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hallbottle

Reaction score
[attachment=MVC-022L.JPG] Anybody have any idea what this little bottle may have contained or what it's use was? It has indents in center on all four corners that could have been used for fastening to something. About 2.5" tall with shear top embossing reads Strowger Co. Rochester, NY. Only think I could find for that company name were vague references to Telephone Co. and a Chemical fire extinguisher Co.

Attachments

• 11ee108fcd2e4135bcfa1422b4cd4005.jpg
    11ee108fcd2e4135bcfa1422b4cd4005.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 78

2find4me

Reaction score
Just a guess, I think it would have to do with the Chemical Fire Extinguisher Co.It may have been the acid bottle inside the Antique Brass Fire Extinguishers.This might be a newer model, but it may have looked something like this:

Attachments

• 68074e95f08e4e9a805198ba193171a3.png
    68074e95f08e4e9a805198ba193171a3.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 80

AlleganyDigger

Reaction score
I agree. BTW, Angry Pa, Allegany County is very rural as well.We need to get together and dig sometime in one or the other counties (Steuben). Ron - (from Avon market ... sold you an umbrella ink, an amber poison, and some others.)

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Hal - In the summer time I am in Burdett, near Watkins Glen. Check my home page and get back to me. Have you been to the Corning Glass Museum? I am sure your bottle was in a fire extinguisher at one time. I have a couple old extinguishers. but I never took them apart. RED M.

Hallbottle

Reaction score
Hello Red, I go through Burdett quite often. My Son and Family live in Ithaca and I always take the back roads when traveling there. Good for finding yard sales and many antique stores along the way. Years ago I use to get a few good bottles in Watkins and Montour Falls, not so much any more. I was a member of the FBLCA for a long time so I'm sure we know a few of the same collectors in our region. I believe I have checked your page in the past and have reads articles you have written. Haven't been to Corning Museum in many years but I plan to take my grandkids once they are old enough to appreciate it. I've already turned my oldest grandson into a pack rat, but he's got the coin bug now, not bottles. I tried to get him into marbles as I have a huge collection I amassed from years of digging and they really are not my thing, they unique and colorful but he really likes the coins.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!