Snagged these bottles today, before 1900?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
The SHORT STOP is way cool. The WINSLOWS was made for years and is one of the later variants, 1890s. The Albany drug looks earlier than 1920, I'd say 1890-1900. Good looking bottle. You done good at 10 bucks!

MedBottle1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information! So the WINSLOWS is 1890s and most are right around 1900 if not a little before. The WINSLOWS does not appear to have a pontiled end, but it does have a "9" stamped on it. I have never seen the short stop bottle and thought it was odd since it has HUGE embossing for such a small bottle. The seam on the Albany, GA bottle runs halfway up the neck and stops. The seam on the Piso also runs halfway up the neck and then stops. Thanks for all the help and hopefully I can get the rest identified!

MedBottle1

Reaction score
On the base of the amber Wintersmith Louisville, KY bottle it has a f G w (the G could be a C, but it is long. The f and w are small and on each side). Looks like Fairmount Glass Works.

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Nice haul of medicine bottles for ten dollars.The Short Stop bottle is intriguing at least. Good for making you taller. Scott

MichaelFla

Reaction score
The Wintersmith is also a medicine bottle and is (at least where I live) very common. The earlier versions were rectangular and paneled and had the name in script. The later versions were ABM, so that one is probably about 1900-ish also.Ryker was a drug store similar to a Rexall store, I believe. Don't recall ever seeing an amber one, though.Never heard of the Short Stop, but the bottle shape puts me in mind of Hydrogen Peroxide. Lysol bottle contained Lysol, a cleaning product still available today. They are about as common as the Listerine bottle.Sharpe & Dohme made a lot of medicines.

bttlmark

Reaction score
The seam going half way up neck = mold blown and generally pre-1909. I like your Albany Drugstore. Nice haul!

MedBottle1

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Any idea on the Short Stop age or what it contained?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete