So, what got you into it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AiXeLsyD13

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how I got into it, other than just stuff catching my eye at an antique store. How'd you get into it?

huffmnd

Reaction score
I started collecting bottles a while back while I was antique hunting which is another of my hobbies. I came across a little blue bottle that had me wondering so I bought it and did a little research on it. I found this forum and when they told me that it was a cobalt blue Theodore Netter whiskey bottle. I had thought that it was a soda bottle so I started looking at bottles more and the rest you can guess.
I am hooked!!!!!

capsoda

Reaction score
I started when I was 13 or 14. A local dam broke and emptyed a lake to expose the fact that the whole lake was a dump from the early 1800s to about 1950. The hole lake bottom was covered with bottles.

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
I guess my interest started in England in 1949,I spent time on a farm near the coast and the farmer turned up parts of a Roman midden.
I remember there were jugs,coins and lots of shards,bottle digging kinda took off from there.Probably as a kid I was always digging for buried treasure,always interested in sunken wrecks,did a lot of scuba diving in the 70's, by then I figured out bottles were the treasure.

Dave.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Aixel...

I was at work, diving on a mooring, doing an inspection. There I was, at 30feet when something caught my eye. It was an odd shaped bottle, covered in pink coraline algae. (a hard calcerous algae growth like cement, in colors of pink and purple) but it was thin enough that I could make out the embossing on it...[8D] The rest, is history... I was hooked beyond imagination...[&:]

Wayne

BF0377BE70C2487F83D59E55949BC055.jpg

Attachments

• BF0377BE70C2487F83D59E55949BC055.jpg
    BF0377BE70C2487F83D59E55949BC055.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 60

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
My Grandmother owned an antique store in the pocono mountains in PA, she introduced me to the dump digging world at age 14, I have been doing it ever since, I wish I started digging privies at that age, I could have written a few books by now haha[:D], I know privy diggers who are in there 70s, if I can hang in there that will be me, there's no better hobby, digging up the past. Rick

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Rick...

Any places to dive down your way? As a kid, I spent summers along the Delaware River in a little town called Bushkill Falls. We had a summer campground and lived out of a converted bus. Then the Delaware Water Gap bought up all the property along that section of the river because they had planned to put up a big dam, down river. Everyone lost their homes... and they never built the dam![:mad:]

There are a lot of old foundations, celler holes and fileds where people used to find indian arrowheads and stuff. Now it's all watershed property I think. Are you familiar with this area?

Wayne

Brains

Reaction score
Companies that made insulators also made a couple bottles. Wouldnt say i am hooked but it gives me somthing to do.

karenandgordonmyers

Reaction score
I got hooked around 1967-68 when i went for walks along the black river with my mom. There is a dump there and we picked lots of a.c.l. bottles.I met karen 9 years ago and she is hooked also. Eight year old brittany loves it also. the rest is history.

AiXeLsyD13

Reaction score
There's probably a more diverse group of poeple here than any other place that I play on the 'net. Ha ha ha.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter