So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
RE: Detected a dueling type pistol today

S-1 I have to figure out how to go from said I-phone camera to put on here. Yesterday was another decent day.

12 more silverplate spoons of various mfg/size, some old embossed Mcdonald dairy milks (round type) and a few of the square squats, copper, alum, some inks, an old 1930s car (no wheels).

Was going to go back this afternoon but shes pouring outside today so I think thats out. When it lets up ill go detecting again and let the dump dry out. Really gotta start moving some of this stuff....my living space is being squashed.

surfaceone

Reaction score

S-1 I have to figure out how to go from said I-phone camera to put on here. Yesterday was another decent day.

Hey Rich,

My daughter says to e-mail photos from I-Phone to yourself, and then go from there. Hope this works, cuz I wanna see some photos, please.

5481_rodchenko_mother_1.jpg

ironmountain

Reaction score

yep..one of the easiest ways to do it on an iphone. make a folder, email to yourself, check email on computer, save to folder. or plug iphone into your computer, double click on it to open when your computer recognizes it, drag/drop the pics (they're in the dcis folder) to your desktop folder.

Nothing good to report on this end. Hit the park, put it just in coin mode so I'd skip most of the junk, 2 bars of sensitivity so I wouldn't pick up all of the huge hunks of iron and stuff and still dug a bunch of crap. I dug everything that gave a solid signal and not much variance in numeric ID. still only dug a few pennies and junk for the rest. I keep finding old black powder/musket style bullets (much like the 2 ringers from CW era), most likely from the fur trade routes up here. The Menominee River is less than 1/2mile away in 2 diff. directions. Or from hunters.

Still have to get to the "old" dump. No houses on it and there's an old access road to it and quite a few singletrack trails. need to get wife to just drop me off there so I can wander.
Outside of that possible dump and the backside of the mine hill (still haven't been able to find any bottles on the backside) I'm out of places to dig here. No other dumps were in town other than the original one and the one near here. Much of the mine area where I could actually go dig are underwater due to a collapse. There are a few people I know who live in the original area of town dating back to the early 1880's, but other than that it'd be banging doors and asking to dig.
spoke with a couple guys from the construction site down the road and they haven't hit any bottles yet but would put them aside if they find some.

Might be stuck just digging the dumps and outhouses at inlaws.

I am stocking up on batteries though. Daughter and I are going to spend a week up there next month. Son has band camp, wife is out of town for work so we're going to go up there and work the old footpaths and stuff. I'm also going to get ahold of the older guy who bought our elliptical. He's the one who has access to and knows where many of the old mining dumps and small silver claims are. Going to be a fun MD week.

So that's why you need to get some pics up. My digging/md'ing life isn't bearing fruit right now.

riverdiver

Reaction score

My finds from 4-30-12 at a local cellar hole.
1. 6-pennies 1-1890 IH, 4-wheats dated 1917,19,23 and 27 from the same hole and a surface found zincoln.
2. Harmonica reeds
3. A large buckle
4. A pocket knife
5. A Crotal Bell
6. A large drill bit

And a toothbrush to clean stuff up in the field for dating.

58ED108819A347A19D0357438F963FAF.jpg

Attachments

• 58ED108819A347A19D0357438F963FAF.jpg
    58ED108819A347A19D0357438F963FAF.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 76

epackage

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: riverdiver

My finds from 4-30-12 at a local cellar hole.
1. 6-pennies 1-1890 IH, 4-wheats dated 1917,19,23 and 27 from the same hole and a surface found zincoln.
2. Harmonica reeds
3. A large buckle
4. A pocket knife
5. A Crotal Bell
6. A large drill bit

And a toothbrush to clean stuff up in the field for dating.
Hi Matt, what do you do with the reeds and the old drill bit, kind of curious.....Thanks...Jim

riverdiver

Reaction score

Hi Jim,

Nothin special with those two items, are you interested in them? I have found reeds for years here in NH and the bits off and on. I sometimes buff the bits up and decorate my shop walls with them, the reeds go into the junk pile.

pm me if you want them and I will gladly send them down to you.

epackage

Reaction score

No need for that, I was just curious if it was something you did something with or if it was a matter of cleanup while you're doing your thing. Whenever I go surf fishing I bring a Hefty garbage bag and throw all the crap I see into it as I move up and down the shoreline. Then I take to the garbage can in the parking lot...

With the prices of scrap metal these days I guess grabbing anything can add up...thanks for the offer...[;)]

MIdigger

Reaction score
Couple of finds today

First off, glad to see everyone seems to be getting out a bit! Will work on the pic thing. Today i did some detecting and came away with 1Q,1D,8P and 3 silverplate spoons, and a really old Victor (copper I think) Victrola serial number badge for one of their machines. It has a picture of the machine and the dog on it. Says Victor talking machine Co SN VV-VI- 175720F dug up after detecting at about 10 inches.

Bottle digging 3 pcs silplate, 1 large old round milk (no embossing) 1 pint Arctic milk embossed, and 1 genesee 1/2 pt. One neat small--Langsdales concentrated medicinal essence of Cinnamon clear, about 1 inch diam, top uses a cork? and has a small pouring lip.

ironmountain

Reaction score
RE: Couple of finds today

nice to see river and dig are keeping the finds alive!
nothing here...today was cold and windy and misty until 2pm...insta-sunny and 82. sadly, tonight is our haul kids all over the place night so no chance to get out.

waiting for the time when daughter and I can go up to inlaws to at least grab the acls from the surfaces of the dumps. rest of time will be detecting. having a dry spell.. local woman and her husband are cleaning out their barn, they have everything from old tack to bottles and everything in between...she has my email for bottles and has emailed me 2x telling me they're still digging to them.

another elderly guy had over 1500 bottles and he's contacting me when he moves... antici................................pation. (rocky horror) is trying my patience. Especially when it's rainy and gross here and nowhere to dig...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson