So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Todays short walk

Decided it was too nice (yet muddy) to do nothing so I went detecting for an hour or two. Came away with 5-q, 2-d, 4-P and some chunks of aluminum (molten) and some copper pieces.

MIdigger

Reaction score
RE: Todays short walk

3q,4d,8p, 1/2 od a silverplate spoon, 1 copper intact belt buckle, some aluminum and copper scrap, a 4"x8" aluminum pc to the top of a pump of some sort, and a 3inch wheel with teeth for some sort of machine (Brass).

Tomorrow should be dry enough to dig for a while then detect a bit.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Some strange finds today

Went out for a while detecting. Came back with 8q,2d,6p some scrap metal, a metal plate in the shape of a vikings helmet that says "Warrior dash 2011 I survived" with a chain on it, and 3 tokens the size of silver dollars (which is what I thought I dug) unfortunatley....

One is green metalic, and the other 2 are aluminum. One side says "Fabulous march 12 2000" with 2 animals and a large 3 in the center, and the flip side Says Mobile again with 2 animals and a crown with an S and in ribbon at the base says Mystic strippers society.....From a fairgrounds?

MIdigger

Reaction score
RE: Some strange finds today

The tokens are from carnival people affiliated with mardi-gras. The Mobile is Mobile Alabama, and the mystic striper society was founded in 1939 I believe. There are a bunch of other groups involved. Learn something new everyday....I wished they were a batch of Morgans or Peace dollars but theyve been in the ground possibly 12 years. Just cleaned them and tossed in my display case.

surfaceone

Reaction score

Just cleaned them and tossed in my display case.

Come on, Rich,

We like Mystic Stripers' doubloons, too.
DSCN0111_2.JPG

It's a long way to Mobile, and you never invite us over to gaze at your case... What's a poor image deprived fan supposed to do. [8D] Get some photos up on bucket-o-photos, and show us some stuff, please.

Mystic-Stripers1998-Society-Hail-To-The-Chiefs-Mardi-Gras-Collector-Cards.jpg
From.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Yeah that carnival stuff makes sense being it was found at the fairgrounds. Did a bit of detecting today, and found 4 pcs of silverplate, 3q, 7p, a silverplated bracelet and some scraps of aluminum.
Switched to digging mode and 8milks, a Kopkes embossed booze bottle, 1 pad lock, a box of cobalts, 1 plate, 2 old Buchanans scotch 1/2 pts, about 2 lbs of copper scrap, and a few small creamers.

ironmountain

Reaction score

no matter how hectic life gets, I can always come here and take comfort in the fact that you will find silver plate daily!

Hit our backyard yesterday and ended up with a couple handfuls of nails. Hopefully getting out later this evening, mid 90's detecting isn't that enjoyable. I'd rather make wife take me to the beach late evening after the crowds leave. (suntan oil+hot+jewelry=hook me up please.)

Heading up to the family farm in a few weeks just to MD and dig (if it's not a billion degrees out).

http://www.historicmapworks.com/

another decent site for maps:

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/gmdhtml/gmdhome.html

Found a good research site for maps that I had forgotten about. Found the farm and it was labeled with father in law's grandfather's name and dated 1900. So what I was told is correct, that it dates to mid-late 1800's. (was told word of mouth so wasn't entirely sure..grandma is 86 after all.)

HH if you get out today.

MIdigger

Reaction score
1933 Ford coin

Iron rest assured...I did at the final moments of detecting stumble on a silverplate fork. I was thinking how let down you would be if I didnt come back with one!.

I did ok with a pocket spill (3q,1d) and continued on finding 6q,4d,2p a large pc of aluminum bracket, and 2 pcs of copper. But then the detector went off loud. I thought ok its gotta be junk. Looked down and saw 1/2 of what I believed to be a half dollar sticking out. I pulled it up and lightly wiped it off. Has Fords logo on front with thirty years of progress and a V 8 on the other side. I see theres at least 2 different ones, The one I have was given out in New York and the one with the Ford grille and logo was given out in Detroit.

I certainly find some odd stuff at the grounds, and today was no different. Alas, I was ready to give up the ship but they had turned over some dirt and as I walked over it I looked ahead and the silverplate lay before me like treasure....

Also Surf1 Ill have those pics up by June 1 or 2 my brothers going to get me through the pic process.

surfaceone

Reaction score
RE: 1933 Ford coin

Also Surf1 Ill have those pics up by June 1 or 2 my brothers going to get me through the pic process.

Hey Rich,

This is great news. I'm looking forward to a retrospective of some of your choice finds!

Did you get a photobucket account, per chance? I can walk you through that, if you did. I wanna see some Rich treasure finds! [8D]

Is this the Ford token that you found?

420058d1332429130-need-help-big-copper-coin-token-id-v8ford.jpg
Some backstory here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson