So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
RE: A bit of coins

2nd time this has happened to me this year.

Was stalked by a buck and 2 doe earlier this year while walking home from the park behind our house that I'd been md'ing at. He stalked me until I was on one side of the merry go round and he was on the other. Took him almost 10mins to walk off and let me walk home. Was a bit unnerving.

Today one of my griffs and I walked with daughter to her bus stop. My dog likes to walk in the park and look for squirrels/bunnies/birds. (I keep her on a flexi-leash so she doesn't run a bunny or stay on point for 8years).
I hear a noise behind us and turn to see a doe 30-50' away. Didn't think much of it because there are literally herds of deer running around in this town. (kids and I once saw 30-50 deer crossing the road near their school..was amazing) No idea why people think feeding a deer in their backyard is so neat. We've had turkeys/hawks/deer/turtles etc.. in our backyard at one time or another. It's very common.
this deer started walking toward us. Normally they just walk away or stay parallel at a good distance. At one point she trotted toward us. My dog could care less about deer. She's trained on birds/squirrels/bunnies. If I'd have let her go, she'd probably want to play with the doe. I started walking a bit faster, staying behind trees...We get to the sidewalk and stand behind a bench next to a tree and the doe finally stops less than 10' away. Stood there for a good 10mins. We slowly crossed the street and the doe walked to the sidewalk after us.... this pic was taken from behind the bench. the tree in the lower left corner is the tree next to the bench.

2CFDD9C016BD42FAB0C1DD5DDA52A117.jpg

Attachments

• 2CFDD9C016BD42FAB0C1DD5DDA52A117.jpg
    2CFDD9C016BD42FAB0C1DD5DDA52A117.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 78

MIdigger

Reaction score

I would figure that if detecting with headphones on this could be a problem. At least a startling jump seeing one up close and not know it was there. Maybe curious or hungry?. I remember when we saw the first deer tracks when we were growning up in the old neighborhood....that was a big thing. Now, they are everywhere. Funny, Ive also noticed a bald eagle and bluebirds here. Never seen them in these parts before.

I see lots of turkeys at the parks while Iam detecting. They are curious but dont come too close. Finding much in that park? Supposed to rain this afternoon so mding and fishing might get cancelled for the day. 100% rain tonight and tomorrow. Brother and family coming up from KY for a week, have some spots to hit that may produce $$. Last time I hit this spot with B-I-L we took out 12.00 of clad for about an hour and didnt cover anywhere near the whole area.

Good luck to everyone.

digginthedog

Reaction score

Nice picture... The doe may have a fawn laying low near by, had this happen more than once at a dump I dig, always in the spring... The lead Does tend to be more aggressive in there fawning territory, at least in My experience... As for the Buck, who knows ,could be in a new area and just checking things out... He would make Me a little more nervous in the fall... I have a buddy that detects in the woods near My home and only covers one ear with his headphones... He thinks a Bear may sneak up on him... I laugh and tell Him "whatever floats your boat" ... Good luck detecting all !

ironmountain

Reaction score

I'm thinking she was just curious too Dig. She didn't seem too aggressive. Just was a bit unnerving when she started trotting toward us. But too curious methinks.

hopefully the rain is done by the time your family comes up so you guys can tear up the parks. Weather has been 50's-low 60's here this past week. Pretty windy though. Makes it a pain to MD. You should go fishing in the rain! unless it's really nasty. I used to love when it rained on the lake I lived on. Everyone would clear out and we'd have the lake to ourselves. MD'ing/Digging in the rain would stink though.
That would be sweet to see an eagle up close. I've seen them on the side of the road standing on the ribs of a dead deer snacking on it. there are some aeries on the river we fish too.

Diggin...I feel the same way as your buddy does. I always have my headphones just above the earholes in case someone's dog comes bounding over or kids get curious. Wouldn't want to pee myself from being startled. In a cpl of weeks when I'm up at inlaws' family farm, I'll have the father in law with me. he's my official digger. I'm used to using an ames digger and here he is with this honking shovel. But he'll be carrying a firearm and we'll have knives. Too many bear sightings, coyotes and I've seen wolves up there. Thanks but no thanks.

HH guys

ironmountain

Reaction score

Had another doe in the backyard yesterday. She was eating leaves off of some branches we cut. Later that afternoon she was in the neighbor's yard eating their hostas. this morning same doe was in the neighbor's backyard eating again. this pic (slightly blurry) is of her standing up after 10-15min of watching us. she watched us a bit more, turned and casually hopped the fence...she's 10-15' away in this pic....
62F147AD3FCD4B7DA75FC38E80810B36.jpg

Attachments

• 62F147AD3FCD4B7DA75FC38E80810B36.jpg
    62F147AD3FCD4B7DA75FC38E80810B36.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 69

MIdigger

Reaction score

Coin finds

21227D877E434AE1A0BF395A6FD27D83.jpg

Attachments

• 21227D877E434AE1A0BF395A6FD27D83.jpg
    21227D877E434AE1A0BF395A6FD27D83.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 78

MIdigger

Reaction score

Other finds

753E3908081441EF9B8597F9B54A711E.jpg

Attachments

• 753E3908081441EF9B8597F9B54A711E.jpg
    753E3908081441EF9B8597F9B54A711E.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 67

MIdigger

Reaction score

Hey----were into pictures guys..Gotta take a few more and get them dropped in.

Plumbata

Reaction score

Iron - the deer you have up there are really ballsy, have they ever actually chased/attacked you or anyone you know?

MI - Woohoo you posted a picture! Congratulations! [:D] Do i see a silver rosie in that pile? Looks like you cleaned up as far as zincs go, or the soil is just real harsh.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Yes Plumb its a `52 silver!, thats a bunch from the parks from Kentucky (March). Rings are some other finds. Ill have a bunch more. Im working on it now. I know Ill get it from the peanut gallery yet...but Im doing the best I can. And thanks to Dugout, she was a great help too.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson