Soda Fizz

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Well I'm glad of that. I was ask about about 5 or 6 times what's happening, whens the next issue, and off course I was ask about "The Book". I tell ya I hope you're gonna print enough. Seems like everybody wants one. Glad I got mine paid for [;)]. I'd tell ya about my Aiken trip,but I'm fixen to go eat me some oysters [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Yeah, I get asked too - about both. I am typing in a cast (yep, but it's coming off Thurs., which isn't any too soon), and as soon as my fngers are turned loose, I will be working on another issue. Then, another after that....until I am caught up (or run out of stuff to put in them....hehe)

About the book - everything is ready, except that Marc still has the bottle files. I just need a moment to remember to call him and see how he wants to get them from Point A (him) to Point B (me). Then I can get this ball on the road. Plus, I am waiting for one more quote. Yep, I think everyone wants one....but we are still quite a way from the lowest quote I have....(so if any of you know of a printer that would give me a great quote, let me know!)

But I am hanging in there. It's nice to be missed, but I'd rather get this thing caught up (and keep it there).

I had meant to be at Jimmie's show, but was in a cast, and then I forgot about Aiken until I saw your post. I plan to set-up in Mansfield, if nothing else goes wrong, and then another show or two that's close enough to swing it. In prior years, Mansfield hasn't been as productive for me, but I've changed where I am going to be set-up and hope that works out. If it doesn't, then I'll trade Mansfield for another show and this will be my last effort there. It's a big show, now don't get me wrong about that, but all I do is give away magazines and meet people - and it's a long way to go to come back empty-handed for new members.

I want to see the Aiken show tho - so eat them oysters, and do whatever else you have planned to do after that - and post us some photos. (Was Bill Baab there?)

K

thesodafizz

Reaction score
New ACL book

Oh yeah, re: the new ACL book, did I mentoin that everyone who has pre-ordered the book is getting a surprise when the book is printed? And their pre-ordered books are sent? (I am keeping a list and marking it off twice.....hehe)

There is a hint in the second sentence....can you figure out what the "surprise" might be?

And you heard it here first folks, right here in the forum.......

thesodafizz

Reaction score
RE: New ACL book

Yes - there's plenty of time to order. I haven't begun lay-out, nor have I finalized selecting who will print it. So, it will be a little while longer for this long-awaited book.

The Third Edition is the one from 2003, I believe. It is the last one, which is a revised (or updated) edition of the first two. Rick Sweeney published it about a year before he turned over the PSBCA to me, around Sept., 2003. He told me a week or so ago that he still had approximately 200 of them left. I don't think he plans to reprint it, but the Vol. 2 we are working on now does not have any of the bottles in any of the first three editons of Rick's book. So, if you don't have it, good to get one fom him and then get one of the new ones when it is closer to it coming out - which I guess will be as soon as enough funds are available to pay for printing it (about 1/3rd or so of the way there to the lowest bid I have so far). If you do have it, then get in on the pre-orders. I am suspecting it is very possible I will (should) have the book laid out and ready for printing before enough funds are here to do it.....

I am looking forward to doinf it - my first book - as much as you are looking forward to getting it.

K

PS - just put New AC:L Book on your order, that way there's no confusion over which you are wanting.

I haven't put it online yet, for the "general public" to order. I wanted it available to the PSBCA people first. But if enough doesn't come in, I'll have to do it soon, to get the funds for printing.

thesodafizz

Reaction score
RE: New ACL book

I got your order and have it to send to Rick. I'll keep you on the list for the new book, which I expect to have ready in a few months (awaiting files and funds for printing).

Thank you!

For those of you who have inquired, the last edition (Third) can be ordered thru http://psbca.thesodafiz.com and the new one (not published yet) can be ordered thru me. If anyone isn't a member of the PSBCA and would like to join, the above link will get you there - as well as direct to me.

K

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem