Some Irish Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mctaggart67

Reaction score
I used to lived in Dublin, Ireland from 1999 to 2004. I have a number of Irish chemists' bottles and a few mineral waters, including one from Cork City and another up the way from Macroom.

CWBookAuthor

Reaction score
Hey Sean, if all goes well for us, perhaps we can meet in the future. We live in Southwest Virginia, but we often go to Northern Virginia (just outside of Washington, D.C.) every once in a while to visit our daughters. One day we are hoping to move back up there. Do you plan on arriving in New York?

Mike

surfaceone

Reaction score
I am having a lot of trouble uploading pictures. How did you attach more than one picture in one post?

Hey Sean,

I'd suggest that you shrink the size of the photo a bit, and then sandwich the IMG code in between a brace of these guys: [image]your image code here[/IMG]

I'm not able to see that seal well in the photo. Maybe if you photograph it in natural light, and manipulate it just so, the embossing will show better.

"The bottling process can also be considered another point of parity. In the early years of the Guinness brewery, the company produced the beer in barrels and distributed them to bottlers afterwards, outsourcing that part of the process. This made most of the beers from this time period packaged in a similar look; however, this did eventually create a problem for the Guinness brand since it did not control the labeling of its beer. Guinness would soon realize the need to establish its own labels and brand posititioning in order to create a lasting impression on the minds of the consumers." From.

1834-t2.jpg
From the Guinness Storehouse.

Have a look at the vid & some history of the Irish Glass Bottle Co.

Actually, as it happens, I too am emmigrating to the United States via Cork!

Go maire sibh bhur saol nua.
"May you enjoy your new life."

Part of my family hails from County Mayo.

downpatrickhead.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator