Some items on eBay...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Off to an O.K. start, a couple bottles have bids... I don't think I'm drawing in as many people as I should with the Osgood's, what should I change the title to?

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Nice pictures Wheelah, my brother. I can't believe you got ten dollars on the Pabst. I would take a buck apiece for that bottle (unless yours is some kind of rare variant??)

Wheelah23

Reaction score
From what I can tell, it's a rarer, earlier crown than you normally see... It's contemporary to the squat blobs. Let's hope it goes up some more!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Ya got some nifty stuff there man. Regarding the Osgood's Cholagogue, I am pretty sure that they are rather prevalent. I've dug one so they must be, lol. If it was OP then you would get some action, but as-is i think it is a 5-15 dollar bottle, depending on a few factors, naturally.

What big purchase are you planning? Is it that very nice local jug you posted about a while back?

Wheelah23

Reaction score
All the Osgood's I've ever seen were from New York, including others on eBay now. But mine's from Norwich, CT! That should mean it's a rare one... I think. [&:]

The big purchase is a secret until it has been purchased... Hopefully it shall be purchased.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Whellah,
You can always revise your original listing (especially if no-one has bid yet). In bright bold lettering (like red maybe) specifically enumerate what you said.

EG. I know these Osgoods turn up fairly frequently BUT I have never seen one from Norwich Connecticut. I believe that this is a rare variant or a branch bottle which is more scarce than the more common varieties.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
they used the Norwich name on the later bottles. maybe to try and associate it better with the original maker. I dont consider it any more rare than the other Osgood bottles.

tigue710

Reaction score
the Norwich Osgoods are very common, and the later tooled lip variant of the bottle... at the best they got 20 bucks on ebay in the good ol days. The formula was developed in Norwich Ct, whence the senior Osgood moved to New York and started to market the product there. His son or grandson, (I cant remember now) moved the product back to Norwich in the 1890's or so...

'd be a little less vague except I do not have my notes on the Osgoods and the product on hand right now

I suspect the early pontil bottles marked New York to be a product of one of new London glass houses but haven't been able to confirm it...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles