Missed that soda on Ebay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Johnny M

Reaction score
Man, did you guys see that soda on Ebay? I hit it at close to $4000.00 but that was a joke I guess. Did over 6 grand! Just closed tonight. Incredible sided Cincinnati bottle. H. GUY Ginger Pop Cincinnati Ohio. Had a frigging open pontil too. I collect pickles but tried to steal it. What a bottle! Johnny M.

hemihampton

Reaction score
NO, didn't see it, do you have a link to it?

hemihampton

Reaction score

Johnny M

Reaction score
this one?

That's the one. Jeezus, that's one for the FOHBC virtual museum. I don't follow sodas usually but that on heck of a ripper. Johnny M.

Johnny M

Reaction score
13.25%, or about $820.
Always a great deal for the buyer though.No hefty buyers premium. I believe its worth the Ebay fees because you get great exposure. I'm sure that fellow paid nowhere near 6 grand for that soda. I personally would have consigned it to one of the bottle houses but it was such a screamer I may have died with it! LOL. I suppose there is some degree of risk on expensive things that you generally don't have when dealing with a professional auction house though.God forbid that soda had a replaced top or some other near invisible repair. The guys feedback was great but I would like some history of his purchase as something to consider. I still hit big on it though because the guys rep was 5 stars. I've spent a grand or two on some Ebay bottles and never had any trouble myself. JohnnyM.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen