Some new 'art deco' style soda bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

fishnuts

Reaction score
Sorry!
I didn't notice any bullying, unjustified or otherwise.

And scrutiny is part and parcel of this entire forum, dontcha see. If you can't scrutinize or be scrutinized without your panties getting in an uproar, well...it's time to grow up.

I never grew tired of doing hundreds of hours of looking at bottle bases, logging data, making comparisons as to similiaritys and differences, finding anomalies and uncovering history as only the bottles (not myth, legend lore, books, authors, can tell.)
I never grew tired of responses. Bullying, unjustified or otherwise...lol.
I grew tired of the hardheads wanting to keep believing in their myths and not learn.
But, hey, thats what one gets to do here. Stay where you are. Grow and move on.
I grew a hard skin, plowed on, learned to accept all you mokes just the way you are. My research is unchanged and unchallenged.

And bottles from the 50's and 60's are not Art Deco...imho.

bottleopop

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: celerycola
There is no substitute for going to bottle shows, talking with experienced collectors, and buying well-researched books to learn about bottles. Very few of your questions will be answered using Google.

There is also no substitute for continued research and learning.

Let us not be saying that either is wrong. [;)]

Eric

Reaction score
Careful... believe it or not... but not everything on Google or any other search engine is 100% truth...
hours of “research†online may not be enough.... sometimes it takes years of reading, talking
one on one with others.. looking into other forms of media... online is one way... but not the only way.

celerycola

Reaction score
That's why I started the thread pinned to the top of the Soda category "Soda Bottle Research Links on the Web." Several members have added to that thread. Unfortunately what is on the web is just the tip of the iceberg compared to what can be learned from books and going toa bottle show.
ORIGINAL: bottleopop

ORIGINAL: celerycola
There is no substitute for going to bottle shows, talking with experienced collectors, and buying well-researched books to learn about bottles. Very few of your questions will be answered using Google.

There is also no substitute for continued research and learning.

Let us not be saying that either is wrong. [;)]

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
This thread has been informative and pretty amusing too, but the original point's been lost. Madman had it right, Look at that Faygo bottle! A "peanut" Faygo bottle?? Awesome! [:D]

ORIGINAL: iggyworf

Here are 3 'art deco' syle bottles I recently got. All from my home state of Michigan. I think from the 20's. The nehi has design pat'd date of march 3 1925 on the bottom. It's from Battle Creek Mi. The Faygo is from Detroit. The other is Highland Park Ginger Ale Co.

3B8C09F5BB764EC3B379E393ED08F120.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause