Some new stuff!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Other panel says "BITTERS".

8DB446B33AF24A5C8A0A7D166DD81BC2.jpg

Attachments

• 8DB446B33AF24A5C8A0A7D166DD81BC2.jpg
    8DB446B33AF24A5C8A0A7D166DD81BC2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 67

pikewaynepabottles

Reaction score
If I sent you a picture you wouldn't have believed that shoulder on the crowntop isn't cracked ... just super crude ! Glad you like them and were suprised ! Never lose your passion for bottles & digging ! I started digging dumps at age 5 with my uncles in 1969 ... 42 years ago ! Ed

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pikewaynepabottles

If I sent you a picture you wouldn't have believed that shoulder on the crowntop isn't cracked ... just super crude ! Glad you like them and were suprised ! Never lose your passion for bottles & digging ! I started digging dumps at age 5 with my uncles in 1969 ... 42 years ago ! Ed

Wish I had started when I was young [:-]...[:D][:D][:D] The bottle diggers I know taunt me about the dump I'm digging now... They're probably exaggerating to make me jealous, but they said you used to be able to just walk around and pick up local blobs from the ground! [:(][:(][:(] If I was collecting bottles when I was 5, I wouldn't have missed out on that...

Yeah, funny about that shoulder. The early machines were crude, so I guess that's why that manufacturing flaw happened. Adds character to the bottle.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

I doubt there's a nicer Ink Out bottle out there than this one. And I doubt there's a nicer guy out there than Jim! It comes sealed in the original metal tube, with the original non screw cap top! I love this thing!
Thanx for the kind words Connor, was a pleasure talking to you and your mom...Jim

Wheelah23

Reaction score
December 31, 1915 is when the NY Times was advertising the auction sale of the entire firm, so that year is the absolute latest the bottles could be.

John W. Ransley was born 1847, so I think he is unlikely to have been the owner of a revived Ransley firm, assuming one ever existed after the 1915 end date. I have no proof that anyone ever revived the Ransley business, but I'm just putting the idea out there.

William Ransley, his son and partner in the business, was born in 1871. So he would've been in his 50's if a Ransley soda water firm resurfaced in the 20's. All these dates make sense to me, but I think I'll have to arrange them into a sort of timeline if others are to be able to follow my train of thought. I think I'll post this in the Soda forum, and see if I get any help regarding the deco shape.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2