Some pontiled meds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FitSandTic

Reaction score
I am always searching for new medicines in color without embossing. The deep aqua med is a recent addition and it is believed to be a Ohio bottle. This is the first time I have encountered this form and I have talked with some others who said it was a new one for them as well. It has a nice rolled lip and solid rod pontil scar. Anyone has any beveled corner meds in color they are looking to get rid of let me know. The bottle next to it is a New England med for comparison.[attachment=med.jpg]

Attachments

• 1578db9af0e94bf788624402c7ae4b06.jpg
    1578db9af0e94bf788624402c7ae4b06.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 61

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Does the body of the blue bottle look sorta like a GW Merchant's bottle? I agree with the interesting neck. scott

FitSandTic

Reaction score
I believe Merchants are rectangular without the beveled corners. This bottle is like a snuff with a long neck attached to it. I have a snuff where the dimensions are exact, except for the long neck. I would love to have the form of Merchants without embossing as well.

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Thanks Steve, happy holidays to you sir! I think most people would lean towards the New England example more, but the deep aqua bottle has a unique quality to it. It is a solid bottle and the clarity of the glass is exceptional. The person who made the mold was very experienced as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn