some recent earlyglass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

there are very few rules here.

nice stone pointing in the background. your house?

Thanks for the comment, it's my own pointing of my barn this one, though both my coottage and my barn are built the same of granite, and both pointed throughout by me and my better half. the cottage being about 200 years old. Though that's not so particularly old around here. The farm up the lane from me was "modernised" in 1772!!!! :)
regards
earlyglass www.earlyglasscollector

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
To own a old seal bottle like that would be an awesome feeling. To triple that feeling would be to dig one, intact. I hope I will get into an 18th century pit one of these years [:D]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Thanks for your comeback earlyglasscollector; I just reviewed the thread. I have to point out that the person that made the seal stamping tool, made the letters as he thought they should be in the iron stamp. I am sure after it was done someone had to realize the stamping tool was not made in reverse as it should have been. This type of error happened with a lot of tired bench hands doing the letter cutting in the molds they were chipping in. RED Matthews

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RED Matthews

Thanks for your comeback earlyglasscollector; I just reviewed the thread. I have to point out that the person that made the seal stamping tool, made the letters as he thought they should be in the iron stamp. I am sure after it was done someone had to realize the stamping tool was not made in reverse as it should have been. This type of error happened with a lot of tired bench hands doing the letter cutting in the molds they were chipping in. RED Matthews

Thanks for the reply Red, yes I had presumed this was the case with the reversed seal. it's actually not that uncommon and I've had quite a few similar examples in my time. Of course many of these workers probably could not read either, so would not necessarily have noticed the difference in any case.

Here's another seal, dated, a mallet this time, that I had a little while ago. Interesting and fairly rare to have just the one initial, (in this case mine! M...).., and with the date 17 and 30 either side. A good classic early mallet form. Interesting variation in all aspects of the seal, the script M and the split date. Sad to see this one go but I have to make a living!!!
M1730.jpg

earlyglass www.earlyglass.com

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
....while I'm here and in the swing of things here's probably my favourite of all time. I just love the sealed utilities...

GordonEmmottLondon01.jpg

again, no longer in my collection and over your side of the big pond, but at least I enjoyed it for a while!!!....

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: earlyglasscollector

....while I'm here and in the swing of things here's probably my favourite of all time. I just love the sealed utilities...

GordonEmmottLondon01.jpg

again, no longer in my collection and over your side of the big pond, but at least I enjoyed it for a while!!!....

That is really a beautiful and interesting bottle.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: earlyglasscollector

GordonEmmottLondon01.jpg

My two favorite bottles shown on the forum lately...
m6.gif

18074B2F43334A8FA9C289B7BBBFE006.jpg

Attachments

• 18074B2F43334A8FA9C289B7BBBFE006.jpg
    18074B2F43334A8FA9C289B7BBBFE006.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 98

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member