Some sad news for me but I'll connect it to bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I got back last night from my uncles funeral. He was a great guy as/is was the whole family. Here it comes. When I was 16 or so one of my cousins, maybe 4 or 5 saw some of my bottles and his eyes lit up. I packed up a bunch from under my folks porch and the next time (may have been the last time just visiting) and gave them him.He was thrilled We went down through the woods and walked some of the trails along the creek by my uncles home in Stroudsburg. We didn't find anything and just went fishing. We didn't catch anything but he was thrilled for the adventure. He was Martin the young.
All grown up now and the fever went away.
I loved going out to my uncle Martins house. They had a pool, good old lawn darts (the ones with the nice metal tips that I think are illegal now) and loved spending time with all of us kids. His kids, me and my sibs and all the cousins. He was one of the fun ones of the family.
OK, sad but it's alright.
I also wasn't driving this time and got to look out the window a lot. I have to say I don't envy the farmers out there 200 years ago. I was looking at the stone walls and the size and frequency of all that shale piled up puts us NE glanders to shame.

beendiggin

Reaction score
Hi Eric,
Sorry to hear about your uncle's passing. He sounds like a great person who helped make a lot of lasting memories for many people. That is what it's all about. All those good times.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
My condolences to you and all those who will miss him! That's a nice tribute you wrote, Eric..

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Sorry about Your uncle,but he will be with you on your future digging adventures,I know my Grand mom and 2 brothers are.They were all into digging bottles when they were on this earth.How do you think I found that puce Eagle whole??? [;)]

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Eric sorry for your loss,I have been to two funerals in the past week.Cancer took both people one had a long life 73 the other shorter 55.
The good lord will heal your mind in time,remember the good times like you have already done and thats what life is all about.Take care Steve

Stardust

Reaction score
Dearest Eric,
I'm very sorry for your family's loss. Death is not easy for any of us to deal with. I'm still trying to deal with the loss of mom, which only brought up all the stuffed down feelings of my dad. I like this saying, "Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know that are happy."
I will say a prayer for you and your family. Take care and stay close to your dad ~
Blessings ~
star ~

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your nice thoughts.
It was a large family and the 4 of 9 remaining are the oldest four. It's tough on everyone. My dad is the oldest and a mere 81 and that was the first time I remember ever seeing him cry.
The service was packed, uncle martin was very active in the community. He was always helping the neighbors, did meals on wheels, K of C member etc. When the priest asked the grandchildren come up and share everyone had tears in their eyes.
There's a lesson to learn, DON'T loose track of your family. I re-met so many people that I hadn't seen in too long a time. I can't believe how they all grew up and couldn't remember so many names or what order in age they were.
Anyway, thanks again. Eric

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen