Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Some won't know what this is

treeguyfred

Mar 9, 2013
Northern N.J.
Two months ago, I found an old collapsed house deep in the woods. Most of it imploded on itself into it's cellar. One side wall was partly still standing because of a very tall Frigidaire super heavy looking refrigerator was holding it up. I wish to this day I had my phone with me(the one time it wasn't attached to my hip) Anyways, I did some peeping and kicking and snooping. Next to the fridge, on the mostly rotted and missing floor that revealed a raccoon skeleton was this item. It had been used as a pipe ashtray there a mostly eaten (mice?)corncob pipe in it and of course plenty of mouse scat and ash evidence. It took a bit to reach it safely and bring it home and it was a monster to clean up, but here it is now.....

IMG_8798 (2).jpgIMG_8801 (2).jpgIMG_8799 (2).jpgIMG_8800 (2).jpg

~Fred

Bottle 2 Rocks

Jan 29, 2021
Two months ago, I found an old collapsed house deep in the woods. Most of it imploded on itself into it's cellar. One side wall was partly still standing because of a very tall Frigidaire super heavy looking refrigerator was holding it up. I wish to this day I had my phone with me(the one time it wasn't attached to my hip) Anyways, I did some peeping and kicking and snooping. Next to the fridge, on the mostly rotted and missing floor that revealed a raccoon skeleton was this item. It had been used as a pipe ashtray there a mostly eaten (mice?)corncob pipe in it and of course plenty of mouse scat and ash evidence. It took a bit to reach it safely and bring it home and it was a monster to clean up, but here it is now.....

View attachment 221046View attachment 221047View attachment 221048View attachment 221049

~Fred
First thing that comes to mind is a spittoon but I'm not married to that idea. Some kinda watering hole for animals-beats me

buriedtreasuretime

May 10, 2009
Its a roach motel...they check in but they don't check out..unless you leave the side door open.
I'm back on spittoon speh-ting.
Well, very good, the cushion part of the description is a real plus. It’s majolica pottery as well isn’t it, about 1884-89?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melli25