Something or Nothing?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is nothing. I picked this up at an antique shop. There was a box full of bottles that said $1 a piece. I figured for a dollar I couldn't go wrong. It is a Kemp's Balsam for throat and lungs. On the sides it says, "O.F. Woodward" and the other side says Leroy, N.Y.

Vt58016.jpg

Attachments

• Vt58016.jpg
    Vt58016.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 57

Ryan

Reaction score
I've never seen one until now, there are a few on ebay sold for about $4. You got a great deal, AND you didn't have to pay shipping!

-Ryan

Bottleman

Reaction score
Its a pretty common bottle but its an older one and they also come in an aqua color. I noticed that you or someone had used a black highlighter to highlight the letters. I use to do this on my milks but when I decided I didn’t want it on them anymore I tried to take it all off but it got down in the case wear and I think its impossible to get out now. All you can see is little black dots on the letters. It’s not that big of a deal but I just waned to give you a heads up.

~~Tom

Yw66862.jpg

Attachments

• Yw66862.jpg
    Yw66862.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 48

Ryan

Reaction score
Did you use alcohol and a toothbrush on your milk bottle? I would think that should get it off...

-Ryan

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just a suggestion, but maybe next time just place a white peice of paper over the lettering and make a rubbing of the embossing with a charcoal or leaded pencil then place that beside the bottle for a pic.

My 2 pennies. [:)]

Brian

Bottleman

Reaction score
I have tried just about everything and it will not come out. I say out, and not off because its actually down in the glass and not just on the surface. I have tried rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush but it will not work. I have also tried tumbling one and it still won’t come out. The marker just seeps down in the case wear and when you scrub the letters you can’t get to it. That was a big mistake on my part and I regret doing that to most of my local milks for displaying purposes. I don’t know if it detracts from there value or not but the milk I pictured is worth $150.

Maybe someone out there could paint a letter or two on a common milk and try to remove it with your ideas. If you find anything that works I would love to know!

Thanks for in input though, Tom

IRISH

Reaction score
One of the best solvents out there for the goop in markers ink is Acetone, if you soak it in Acetone for a while it should start to dissolve out of the scruffs. Just make sure you cover the container while you soak it or your Acetone will all evaporate.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583