Southeast Missouri diggers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
I've been collection bottles for years and have dug some dumps in my area, but would love to find someone with the same interest in my area in southeast Missouri. Someone to talk with, dig with, and just collect with.

thanks, chuck.

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
Hello Robert,

Glad to meet you, hope your doing well. I have always wanted someone to talk area bottles with, and I'm about ten minutes from cape. So what's your favorite items to collect, I'm crazy about a little town over here called Allenville, but a guy from cape bought the land the old town dump is on and will not allow anyone on the land, and it's driving me crazy.

Have you ever dug any Cape Druggists bottles, or any Cape Hutchinson bottles? The only bottle I have from ILL. is a Henry Breihan Cairo ILL., and it's a late 1860's blob post pontil.

I use to have several ILL. bottles, but sold or traded them over the years.

robert murray

Reaction score
glad to here from ya.i collect embossed meds or any thing that peeks my interest.i have a huge collection of dug marbles and other what not stuff.i have a few bottles from cape but they are just sodas nothing special. i have yet to dig a hutch or any druggests from cape.still looking to get my first pontil.i also collect stamps and coins aswell as bottles

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
I have some old coins too, I like to metal detect as well as dig. I just bought a new Garrett Ace 350 metal detector for helping me find dumps, in dump areas.

I'm shocked at how few Cape Druggists bottles that show up. For a town that size and that had a ton of druggists you just never see them.

Chuck,

robert murray

Reaction score
i find a lot of bottles from new york.i guys they shipped stuff from there to every ware.i just found a huge dump i been working im not even sure how far it goes there is just so much stuff.the deepest i have dug it is at least 4-5 feet before it stopped and it is a mixture from the 60s-1800s lots of old cone top beer cans oil cans and tons of odd things come out like pocket watches a few old toy cars.o and lots of snakes so i decided to chill on it till it cools off.have you found many bitters bottles digging i have dug 2 busted hostetters and a siegerts.

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
No, i haven't found any bitters. I have a new spot to dig when it gets cool that had a lot of stuff on top the ground. I found a broken whiskey crock and a St. Louis Cigar Co. in a pretty amber on the surface. Can't wait until it cools off.

robert murray

Reaction score
me too i hate this hot weather cant do anything.we should get together and dig some time bad thing is i dont have a drivers license.and my digging time is gonnaa get iffy just started a new job so i prolly work alot but would like to find a new partner,my dad just cant do things like he used too.u can see some of my bottles on my face book account robert murray my pic is of me and my son.

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
I want to make sure i send it to the right person, are you holding a newborn baby?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles