speas apple wine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, this is a 1/2 pint speas california apple wine. has nice enbossing. i tried doing a search to try to date it but didn't have much luck. it has a maryland stamp on the side. bottom marked k in a keystone. on the base of the label is balt, md license no. m-36. any help with dating would be appreciated and if it has a value. thanks rhona

Pn35817.jpg

Attachments

• Pn35817.jpg
    Pn35817.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 76

whiskeyman

Reaction score
RHONA...I don't know if this brand was related to the Speas Vinegar Co of ARK. & MO., but if it is; it's worth quite a few dollars to Speas collectors.
It's not pictured in the Speas booklet I have, but then again, many recent finds aren't.....
You search Ebay completed & curent auctions? I recall a Speas wine selling some time ago for big bucks....Good luck and I hope you have a "winner."

JohnRoy

Reaction score
There was a pint (or 1/2 pint) sized Speas Flask that sold on Ebay last week for about $750 without a paper label. I know a little about Speas bottles, and this is by far the most interesting one I have even seen! -John

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi whiskeyman and johnroy, i'm sitting here in shock. afraid someone will bust my bubble. i did a search for speas wine, 1 came up as listed on ebay $300.00 but i couldn't find it on there. i'm not sure how to check past auctions. i have not tried to clean the inside of the bottle yet. i'm afraid to touch it now. thanks for all the information and help. so much rhona

whiskeyman

Reaction score
RHONA...I found the one on Ebay under completed auctions...it did sell for $300, but is different from yours. Also had NO label. Yours should do quite well as it has an outstanding label....Don't try to clean the insides...just leave "as is". Take care with handling it so as not to tear the label. I imagine it's quite brittle after all those years.

K in a keystone is the mark of the Knox Bottle & Glass co....1928-1964...in Knox,PA. I believe your flask dates from the late 1930's.....

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi whiskeyman, thanks for the help. there is an unknown liquid in bottle? the bottle is clear but when i scan it the liquid made it look dark. would you list it as that if you put it on ebay? i havn't tried to sell anything on ebay yet. this will be a learning experance. oh by the way, my dad was from chattam hill - glade spring area of sw va. thanks for all help. rhona

whiskeyman

Reaction score
RHONA...just state it probably still has some of the original contents.

Glade Spring? Small world...My Grandmother was from there...she was a Wimmer. My G-father was from Damascus.

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey Rhona, AWESOME FIND [8D]! I have come across some 1/2pt bottles like these without the label. I was wondering if the bottom of yours has any embossing (words or numbers)? Also, is the word "speas" embossed anywhere on yours? Thanks, GARY

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi gary, thanks for looking. the only thing embossed other than the design is on the bottom. it has the word wine, under that is the #383, under that is the k in a keystone. hope this helps. rhona

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR