Speas Company Bottle Mark

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need your help here. I found a couple of other bottles in the Smokehouse that have the same mark that I find on the Speas Bottle that I shared with you yesterday. The symbol looks like the planet Saturn. One of the bottles has a similiar shape and appearance as a Speas, but is a 3/4 Quart, but it has the same Saturn Symbol, as well as a small pitcher that I found (3 inches high). The former bottle even has the number markings in a similiar placement, but this time they are 4-6 with 12 located at the bottom of the bottle (but do not have the name Speas on them). If you think these might be Speas, too, I could post a picture tomorrow. Anyway, I'll attach a photo of the Bottle Mark I am talking about. Of course the picture I am showing you is from a marked Speas Bottle. I just do not know anything about Bottle Markings yet. But this other bottle I am talking about has the a shape and lines like a Speas. I wonder if it is an early one... -John Roy

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey John Roy. The "saturn" mark I believe is known as the "OWENS" mark for the Owens Illinois company, a bottle maker. There are millions and millions of bottles & jars with this mark. The numbers around the mark usually refer to the date of manufacture, I'm not sure how you read these. As far as I know Owens made bottles for the speas co. in there distinctive shape, which was patented and usually marked thus on the base, as is your known Speas. The more identifiable a bottle is the more collectable. Along with MANY other factors of course. As far as the jar that looks like a Speas, I don't know if any were made unmarked...possible I suppose.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skippy4747