St Drakes question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VTdigger

Reaction score
I was just wondering since I happen to own a 1860 Plantation cabin bitters bottle.
are there any other kinds of St drakes bottles or any other Drakes related products?

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jim,

Interesting question, sir. I suspect that the Sazerac Aromatic Bitters may be a P.H. Drake product.
075.06.jpg
"PHD & CO. (monogram) // Sazerac Aromatic Bitters (on base in circle), 12 1/2 inches tall, round, lady's leg type." From.

I don't have the Ring & Ham, nor any Drake's Morning, Noon & Night Almanacs, so I don't know for sure.

boyswithdrakes.jpg

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: VTdigger

I was just wondering since I happen to own a 1860 Plantation cabin bitters bottle.
are there any other kinds of St drakes bottles or any other Drakes related products?

Hi Digger , There are 12 different mold variants of the popular cabin shaped bottle that I know of .
The ladies leg Sazerac bottle is believed to possibly be a P.H. Drake product .

chucknorris

Reaction score
The Drakes are one of my favorites, that I have collected for over 20 years. When you think of how many different molds they had, and all the colors produced, you could have a very large collection with nothing but Drakes. I quess my question is: Most Drakes (not counting color) are considered common bottles, there are literally thousands in existance. Does anyone know when and why they went out of business?? Since I have never seen a tool top, I assume they were gone by 1880? But so successful - then gone???

Chuck

appliedlips

Reaction score

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter