St Louis Perfume bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nanaof3

Reaction score
I found this bottle with a paper lable affixed and was wondering if anyone could give me further information, ie. approx. year of manufacture, and the process used to apply the top as the side seams of the bottle do not line up with the seams on the top. There is a 1/4 inch difference. The bottle stands just over 7 1/2 inches tall, and the label says Lady Manan Perfume, Salon Perfume , St Louis, USA. The bottom of the bottle is stamped with K-G within a circle, and the numbers 252 below that. Thanks

Ax73223.jpg

Attachments

• Ax73223.jpg
    Ax73223.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 72

KentOhio

Reaction score
On some machine-made bottles the seams for the top and bottom don't line up. I'm not sure why or how, but it must have been intentional. Your bottle is from after 1903, which is when the automatic bottle machine (ABM) was invented. And I think pretty much all bottles (pop excluded) had threads by 1920 or so, so there's a rough date range.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Perfumes actually used fancy cork/glass stoppers a lot later than many other commecial bottles. That bottle appears to be from the 1920-1930 period but it could be later.

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
thats a sweet bottle,you do not see many sent bottles like this especily with the label,which does apper to be from 1910 to 35.....if it was a earlier bottle it might have toliet water embossed on it,.......nice bott!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson