Staffordshire Jars or Pratt Jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wangan

Reaction score
UNREAL! That is not only an exquisite collection, it is a fine art collection too!I like the "ships at anchor",the "Stag and doe","the Boar hunt" and "Bear School" the best!Thank you for posting.

dcarterv

Reaction score
I have the jar you list as RRRR. The crystal palace. It has been made into a lamp. It was my grandmother's. I am curious as to the value. It is in good condition, no cracks or chips. I use it as a reading lamp. I can send a picture if you like.

DCV

Lordbud

Reaction score
Unreal beautiful collection of lids and pots you have pictured in this thread. I have but a dozen stoneware pieces in my entire collection. You've got a treasure trove of history. The work that had to go into each pot & lid is amazing. Thank goodness we're a consumer economy now with most artisans and their trades long gone from our shores - Not![:'(]

crackpot

Reaction score
Many thanks for your kind comments. I will endeavour to post almost as many again that I have added to over the past 4 years.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Happy New Year, John,

Thanks for thinking of us. I'm lookin forward to seeing yer latest. Sorry, I've lost track since you moved the site. Hope all is right in the Land-o-Footy & Fine Bottles. Best wishes...

blackhorse3.jpg

crackpot

Reaction score
Hi Surf ! Nice to hear from you and best wishes to you in the new year.
I am curious to know... are the horses yours :)
Will try and take some pics in the coming weeks. Thinks are chaos presently attending to family matters. The new aussie forum is doing exceptionally well

surfaceone

Reaction score
Newest year greetings, John,

Nah, they're too nice for the likes-o-me. I'm an old picturenapper. I believe they're Oz-Riley's. Isn't he one of your members? I'm gonna have to stop in and have another visit. Check out what your lot has been digging & finding.

51Q1Yg-mLpL._SS500_.jpg

snodlandmalc

Reaction score
hi,with regard to the jar that shows the charge of the dragoons at balaklava,this refers to the charge of the Heavy Brigade not the Light Brigade.This charge took place before the ill-fated light brigade one,and unlike theirs,the Heavy Brigades charge was a total sucess even though they were vastly outnumbered by cossacks.Ironically if they had been allowed to persue the fleeing Russians the whole war would have been settled there and then but indicision on the part of the Commander Raglan gave the russians chance to reform !
The heavy brigade did start to follow the light brigade down the valley(it was a standard military tactic at that time for them to support the lights)but Raglan actually commanded they be recalled but not before 2 of the regiments had suffered more casualties than they had in the morning !
If you look at the jar they are wearing the Albert pattern helmet,designed by Queen Victoria's husband and only worn by the Heavies

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen