Still have questions:

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Recall this thread? And recall this thread? All I know is that Jack's Dairy (The right-hand bottle that is amethyst) is from around 1910 (10 on back heel, and Butler Bottle Co. who made it was around from 1907 to 1916.) 24 B on front heel means it's from Butler. Link on Butler here. As for the left one from Chicago, Milk Products Co.... It doesn't even give you the Telephone number, yet it says Telephone-- whereas my first milk, seen here at right, gives the number. I am hoping that someone can help me? I'll be doing more research to keep you posted, but what I want to know is...+Where Jack's Dairy was located+Dates of Dairies (start, when bottles were made, end)+Commonality +Anything on the Chicago bottle
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
Here is possible info on Jack's Dairy, but unlikely to be mine...:+ Jack's Dairy in Pittsford, VT competition wins a prize for its cow, 1916.+ Metal cap in Portland, Ind., undated. So... Thanks, all! ?•??•?

Dcravosa

Reaction score
SB --- I remember both posts. I'll reach out to some NAMBC friends to see if they have any ideas. Did you ever get the laser-kid in trouble?

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Thank you kindly, Dean. [:)] I'm assuming that the officer was gonna do as she said-- go over and talk to him.I haven't had a problem since, although today after passing that house my bike ran the last flat I'm gonna deal with. 6th time in the shop this year. I think it's time for a new bike.I didn't even hit anything-- it's just falling apart. Lolz. R.I.P. (Rest In Pieces,) oh gorgeous bicycle of several years. It could get me 30 miles daily if I wanted,
Bicycle.JPG
but it wasn't designed for over 10 a day. It's time for recycling as pushing it several miles back home monthly is just not fun.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I have finally figured out what the base says on my Chicago milk bottle. A more-clear base-image of another bottle is pictured here under CRY. PKG MFG Co. Chicago-- which matches up with what I can read that is faintly on my own bottle's very-unclear base: http://www.sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/CreameryPackage.pdf It is at the bottom of page 4 or 538. That puts my milk between 1901 and 1904 if I read that info correctly. I cannot get a photo of the base that shows the words. "PKG" doesn't even seem to be there until you know what the spot should say, and "CRY" and "MFG" are ghostly.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
This page, found in my search on ' "Milk Products Co" Chicago 1902 ' gives me a July 15, 1904 date for when they filed their statement and were issued their license! Capital stock at $5,000, final certificate (which means?) issued on July 26, 1904, and a fee of $50.00 paid. One bottle mostly down.... ???????????????•??•??????????? As for Jack's? Not really much to go on.

treasurekidd

Reaction score
My guess is that Milk Products Co may have been a supplier to dairys, and that bottle may have been a salesmans sample bottle. The fact that it just has the Mllk Products Co name and the generic "telephone" term where the actual phone number should be makes me think demo bottle. Just a guess.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I had initially assumed that as well. Good thinking. :D Although it's a strong, well-made bottle, if a salesman took it to my company.... I'd be like, "Nope." The embossing was poorly-shown on it. Thanks for the response!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide