Stoked!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

thehumpback94

Reaction score
Machine made blob top. It is hard to see the seam on you torpedo bottle. Can you post a better picture? You mean there is a seam that goes all the way through the blob lip? I have mold blown blobs that have a seam but they stop short of the lip.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Yessir! I have found quite a few torpedos myself always BIM or applied top this one the seam goes all the way over check it out!
image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those whiskey jugs are a great find! Not many of those that show up in North America. Looks like you're finding a lot of UK stuff in that dump, maybe from wealthier people who could afford to import their beverages.
As for that blob I'm not sure if I can remember seeing one of those as an ABM before or not, but it doesn't surprise me that much that it exists. Probably was used by a bottler which wanted to keep a sense of tradition for its soda. You see that sort of thing with higher class products in the early 20th century which were still using bottlemaking techniques like glass seals long after they had become obsolete to give their products a sense of historic handmade authenticity.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I dug 4 glazed whiskey jugs the other day! All were inside what appeared to be a big barrel or cabinet in the ash layer. I popped out a a couple paper labeled bottles that were inside as well that are mildy still intact which usually blow away in the wind with me. Just thought I’d share happy hunting everybody!
Wow very nice. Has anyone ever heard of using hairspray on the labels to preserve them

Mjbottle

Reaction score
Wow, congratulations on the finds i can imagine how excited you must have been, i love the picture where you see all the jugs burried together,very cool stuff

BF109

Reaction score
Cool finds. I like how that one says, "VERY OLD SCOTCH WHISKY". Haha! Not just old but very old! :D

thehumpback94

Reaction score
Those whiskey jugs are a great find! Not many of those that show up in North America. Looks like you're finding a lot of UK stuff in that dump, maybe from wealthier people who could afford to import their beverages.
As for that blob I'm not sure if I can remember seeing one of those as an ABM before or not, but it doesn't surprise me that much that it exists. Probably was used by a bottler which wanted to keep a sense of tradition for its soda. You see that sort of thing with higher class products in the early 20th century which were still using bottlemaking techniques like glass seals long after they had become obsolete to give their products a sense of historic handmade authenticity.
They must have been wealthy there’s a lot of nice pieces coming out of there. I went the other day and found a stone gin from Amsterdam.

Attachments

• C4E42020-2CB2-4864-847C-D1FBBAE0E979.jpeg
    C4E42020-2CB2-4864-847C-D1FBBAE0E979.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • 068F775A-A1B7-4357-9983-ADBF020697F1.jpeg
    068F775A-A1B7-4357-9983-ADBF020697F1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 121

thehumpback94

Reaction score
Wow, congratulations on the finds i can imagine how excited you must have been, i love the picture where you see all the jugs burried together,very cool stuff
Thank you! It was an unreal feeling seeing them stacked up like that I damn near had a heart attack. One of my favorite bottle hunts to date

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie