strange things that fleabay does

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Typically I can figure out why ebay does certain things.
I recently ran into an experience that I havent figured out.
I was selling several of the same items. I listed the same items in two different catagories.
Fleabay cancelled one auction and sent me a message saying that I cant have 2 identical auctions active even in different catagories.
The reason may be obvious but I am not seeing it.
Can someone explain this one to me?

epackage

Reaction score
Here's the policy and I'm still not getting it?????

Buyers need to compare different items to make a smart, informed purchasing decision. The duplicate listings policy is designed to ensure sellers don't list in a way that clutters the buying experience and hurts the overall marketplace.

Sellers can't have more than one fixed price listing of an identical item at the same time.

In general, sellers shouldn't list duplicate auction-style listings. Only items that tend to do well when sold in an auction-style format—for example, hard-to-find or high-demand items—and sell nearly 100% of the time should be listed in duplicate. If you aren't sure your items will sell at a very high rate, you should create one listing at a time.

If your listings don't follow these guidelines, they may be removed or not displayed in the eBay search results. You may also be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

These restrictions on duplicate listings include listing an identical item in different categories or listing an identical item using different user IDs.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Buyers need to compare different items to make a smart, informed purchasing decision. The duplicate listings policy is designed to ensure sellers don't list in a way that clutters the buying experience and hurts the overall marketplace.

Uhhh, says who? [>:]

..'clutters the buying experience' ..love it!! LOL

cyberdigger

Reaction score
That's why I don't go to the Balto show.. it clutters my buying experience.. sorry I'm just dyin' LOL'in' here.. [8D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
So basically, fleabay is telling us to offer only limited quantities of items, which will increase the value of them, and generate more revenue for the bay while their servers can chill.. how deliciously self-serving of them..

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
In general, sellers shouldn't list duplicate auction-style listings. Only items that tend to do well when sold in an auction-style format—for example, hard-to-find or high-demand items—and sell nearly 100% of the time should be listed in duplicate. If you aren't sure your items will sell at a very high rate, you should create one listing at a time.

It sounds like if you have 12 Picasso paintings you are willing to sell for $100 each you are allowed to do it[;)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal