Strangest Things You've Found In A Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
I loved the last thread that was on this a year or so ago and decided that its time to see if anyone else has something cool to share. I'll start it off with a plain looking amber corker with a hornet's nest inside. It was tough to get these pics. Sorry that they're not any clearer. Swiz
IMG_3705.jpg
IMG_3713.jpg

swizzle

Reaction score
Well its either a hornet or wasp nest. Probably a wasp nest. Swiz

swizzle

Reaction score
Already did. I guess there's no one home. I've had it in my house for over a year now and no wasp yet so I guess the moved on to a better bottle. How the heck would you preserve something like this? I don't want it to fall apart over time. I think its a pretty sweet treat to find a corker with something that's made by nature like that and too big to get back out. Sorta like those people who grow a pickle in a bottle and then preserve it with vinegar. Swiz

Wangan

Reaction score
Ive heard of a ship in a bottle, but not growing a cucumber in one then pickling it,thats different.If you want to preserve it,just put a cork in it.[;)]

jesster64

Reaction score
I found a preserved frog in a bottle once. gave me a start when I recognized what it was. Looked like it was right out of a biology lab. didn't take a picture, still trying to erase that memory.

swizzle

Reaction score
The preserved frog sounds pretty cool. There's an antique shop a bit of a ways from here that has a rather large pickle in a bottle. I'd say about the size of one of those skinny brookfield insulators around and about 10 or 11 inches long. The hole in the bottle is to small to put a dime through it. Maybe I'll give that a try this year. Maybe with a tomato. Swiz

Plumbata

Reaction score
As far as natural contents, I've found a bottle filled with tons of snail shells, and a few others with hundreds of dried centipede husks.

The one bottle I remember finding with unusual human-packed contents was an old glass-lid pint canning jar that was still more or less sealed (closure had rusted away though) and packed with maybe 1/4th a pound of long stringy dried and preserved meat. I opened it up and DAMN it was stinky! [:D]

Wangan

Reaction score
I haven`t found much of anything yet,but I have a strapside flask with a white crystalline substance in it.It sure isn`t whiskey!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie