stream adivce

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VTdigger

Reaction score
Whats the best way to find bottles and other old stuff actully in a flowing stream? I went out today oh a whim in the stream out back of my job, There was alot of bricks and other metal stuff (all new though) in the stream. I have found bottles and a few marbles and brass tags along side the banks and in the woods near by. (Found one today that was on a part of the bank couldn't see with out getting in the water.) But what would be the best way to see in the water as I walk up or down it.

Anyway I also tossed some of the junk out of the water to collect and toss someday, it kind of bothered me, some of the stuff I found in the stream, polluting it, an old lap top, radios shopping carts etc. .
I wouldn't mind finding old stuff, I can sort of forgive the people from the days I dig stuff from for polluting, things were different back in the old days I don't like to see places polluted with stuff from todays people though.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Wait for a drought. We're having one and I'm bugging Joe to go looking for artifacts. Or, I know the gold panning people have a special magnifying thing so they can see to the bottom of the water (I've only seen it on TV).

surfaceone

Reaction score
sexy-woman-see-through-canoe.jpg
From.

Hey Jim,

I look for shards and ash or debris bank side, as I've misplaced my glass bottom waders. [8D]

GlassBottomBoat_FF_188x141_051620051522.jpg

tftfan

Reaction score
VT, the best way is to get in, just put on some shorts , tennis shoes, take a bag, bring the dog, and try to pic a sunny day. murky bottom ?....walk up stream. We take swim goggles for the deep spots, be careful, could be fishing line in your way.Most of the finds we get from the faster water areas, and pools. We have sandbars, rocks, gravel,and logs, where we go. The river bottom is always changing. Our best spot from last year...is gone, its now a deeeep hole area. Most of the time a bottle does'nt look like a bottle, look for shapes, think small and look for parts of a bottle. just dont think about GIANT SNAPPING TURTLES !! or SNAKES !! and GOOD LUCK ! show us some pics !!

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

sexy-woman-see-through-canoe.jpg
From.

Hey Jim,

I look for shards and ash or debris bank side, as I've misplaced my glass bottom waders. [8D]

GlassBottomBoat_FF_188x141_051620051522.jpg

Awesome canoe! Where can I find one of those?? I bet they're expensive!

carobran

Reaction score
i wear my crocks and some shorts,get in the creek and start walking,i take a walking stick to get down the bank,(and more importantly to get out)walk lightly and check out any bumps you see or step on,its probably just a stick but could be a bottle,i walked one for a little bit the other day,all i found was a vaseline bottle from new york,i need to check a plece near here where there was a toll bridge in the 1800s,that is if i can find it,theres also an old commmunity that the river runs thruogh,id like to check there but they found a body in a 50 gallon drum there once so im not sure about going there,the rivers low and theres a sand bar exposed onder a bridge outside of town,i need to start looking,i know i probably wrote too much but im bored[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=tongue.gif]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583