Summer Finds Thus Far...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
The Missuss asked me to bring back any porcelain china I might see & I managed to see some! Not much in the way of stunning glass thus far this summer, but a fun cross section of neat stuff. Some other items I've found this summer I have posted previously.

Finally found a straight-side coke and another tomato jug to add to my crock collection:

IMG_6983.jpeg

These items from the river-logging years were found in past seasons, though I thought you might like to see them:

IMG_6985.jpg

I found one half of this platter, then dug around a bit & came up with the other half; putting them together, I found they fit quite nicely, so on went the glue:

IMG_7002.jpeg

Din't know much about oil lamps, but this one cleaned up nicely; the bird is, well, kinda interesting; the flask is broken, but was quite old, so up it came:

IMG_7006.jpeg

Found another Merchant's; it has a flask-crack, but I don't mind because the colour is intoxicating!:

IMG_6933.jpg

Lastly - I wish it were mine, but no, it belongs to a fellow collector, who purchased it with it's top missing, so he sent it for repair and it is simply stunning! To our knowledge, it's the only known example, but some of you may know of others:

IMG_6831.jpeg

Happy summer everyone - life is good!!

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
can't read the name on the last bottle , what city is it from ? not sure I've seen it before , don't see a lot of bottles that early

bottles_inc

Reaction score
can't read the name on the last bottle , what city is it from ? not sure I've seen it before , don't see a lot of bottles that early
2nd, would love clearer pics of that last bot!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
great Post! thank you for sharing these! sadly, I cant make out the last bottle (the repaired one)
~Fred
The embossing says: “T. Jewell Cobourg”
I’ll post more pics tomorrow.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That Jewell bottle is stunning! Definitely not one I've seen before. I love the Merchant's Lockport as well, I didn't know you could find those in Canada. I can't remember seeing one in person before, but I'd really love to find one! The bird is definitely interesting too, is it a weed pipe? It's a nice piece of blown glass regardless, though if it is a weed pipe probably not particularly historic haha!

RCO

Reaction score
The embossing says: “T. Jewell Cobourg”
I’ll post more pics tomorrow.

though it said Cobourg , seen some bottles from that town but never anything that old . book lists him as operating around the 1870's era , definitely a neat one

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
That Jewell bottle is stunning! Definitely not one I've seen before. I love the Merchant's Lockport as well, I didn't know you could find those in Canada. I can't remember seeing one in person before, but I'd really love to find one! The bird is definitely interesting too, is it a weed pipe? It's a nice piece of blown glass regardless, though if it is a weed pipe probably not particularly historic haha!
No, not a weed pipe! The Missuss is happy with it and that is priceless, as I score big points to put towards more dive days! The teal green of the Merchants bottles is awesome; neither of my examples are pontiled, but I keep looking & hoping! Here's a pic of my other one:

IMG_5521.jpeg

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
No, not a weed pipe! The Missuss is happy with it and that is priceless, as I score big points to put towards more dive days! The teal green of the Merchants bottles is awesome; neither of my examples are pontiled, but I keep looking & hoping! Here's a pic of my other one:

View attachment 228463
That Merchant's is a beauty as well! And that's good that the bird isn't a weed pipe, any idea what it was? Just a figurine I guess? Looked like it had an opening in the top in the picture which is why I thought it might be a weed pipe. Strange thing for someone to have tossed into the lake.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.